The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ok, I tested it out. I'm sold on the 4-6-31 build guys(57 valor).

Torothin

First off,

I went from 0-50 with the 2-8-31 build. I then tried the 3-7-31 build, and then went back to the 2-8-31 build. Last night with the eliminator gear(mostly champion) I went and tried out the 4-6-31 build and noticed a world of difference. I have not ran the numbers but I was easily getting into the 300k range in terms of damage. This is without biochem of course.

I never once hit 300k with any other build. 260k was the closest with the 3-7-31 build. The 3-7-31 had me right around the 195k range on average after every game and the 2-8-31 had me right around 195k on average. But the 4-6-31 build, this had be easily getting will into the 200k range every game.

The champion gear did not change when I ran these tests either. Many of you might be thinking I'm a noob or don't know how to play but my rotations are legit and I'm not using biochem. If I used Biochem I am pretty sure I would get into the 450's(on average) with this build which is crazy.

I'm sold on the 4-6-31 build guys. In terms of overall DPS and burst damage. This is hands down the spec to be if you are a Pyro no questions asked. My build is slightly different with regards that I choose to vent 8 heat when stunned as opposed to the melee detection and I also chose the skills that enhanced the energy shields as opposed to the vent heat cool down since I have to ran into many heat issues.

If you're going for/or have eliminator gear and haven't tried this build then I suggest doing so guys. Hope this helps!

My build

- Toro

Edited by Torothin

Do you use this build in pvp. If so can you survive putting guard on a bud?

You can but I don't advise it. This build is more about kiting and constantly moving around the enemies. Guarding will involve you taking extra damage, something you don't want to do in this spec.

So I'm clear:

1) Combustible Gas Cylinder

2) Eliminator gear

3) What stats should I focus on?

I generally roll with a shield tech build (guild main tank), but have been wanting to put together a fairly hardcore DPS PVP set set up. I'm valor rank 56 now, and have a few pieces of Eliminator Champion gear (and could buy centurion to fill in holes). I've been tank spec the whole time and haven't really strayed, so i'm kind of a noob when it comes to DPS.

You can't guard using this spec. Guarding requires ICG and a shield gen. Pyro uses CGC and a power gen.

You also don't really have a choice as to what stats to stack, as Eliminator gear is mostly Power and Accuracy with some crit thrown in for flavor. You'll be wanting to use the Eliminator earpiece, generator and implants to cap expertise as well, the only other options are Supercommando which is for tanking and Combat Medic which has alacrity which PTs don't need.

I have found though that using 4 pieces of Champ Eliminator gear for the bonus and having the 5th set item be Champion Combat Tech gloves is nice. The Combat Tech gloves have 44 crit on them, and I've found the regular eliminator gear just doesn't give very much.

Good job OP keep on kickin *** :p

So I'm clear:

1) Combustible Gas Cylinder

2) Eliminator gear

3) What stats should I focus on?

I generally roll with a shield tech build (guild main tank), but have been wanting to put together a fairly hardcore DPS PVP set set up. I'm valor rank 56 now, and have a few pieces of Eliminator Champion gear (and could buy centurion to fill in holes). I've been tank spec the whole time and haven't really strayed, so i'm kind of a noob when it comes to DPS.

1. yes

2. yes

3. see the Guide below

http://taugrim.com/2012/01/04/guide-to-bounty-hunter-powertech-trooper-vanguard-mechanics-and-pvp/

What some Pyrotechs don't realize is just how good the 6 points in Advanced Prototype are. As I mentioned in my 50 PVP Spec Guide video, the 3% passive Tech Crit Chance along with the 6% Crit Chance talents combine to give all your Elemental damage attacks +9% Crit Chance

Pyrotech (per the name) deals a lot of Elemental damage, and by buffing the Crit Chance for all that damage, you are adding a lot of burst and sustained DPS on top of your Rail Shot mechanics.

Edited by taugrimtaugrim