Commando Medic needs advice

msdixi

Is it normal to only be able to kill an elite that is 5 levels lower??

I do more questing than in groups but every group I get in expects me to heal so I respecced to full heal. I can solo just fine (with Aric) thru normals but the elites.. can't do it. I have 3 quests right now ordering me to kill 4 elites per quest. At level 34, I can barely kill an elite 29. I have tried letting Aric dps and I heal him (very slow) and both of us dps and I heal him as needed.

I am tempted to go back to dps spec simply because there are so many quests that call for killing multiple elites.. a shame since healers are always needed.

(I have tried the other companion and I survive better with Aric)

Use Tanno, or M1-4X. Set them up in the best tank gear you can find. Keep them healed and dps when you can. I had no issue soloing Heroic 2+ and lower while leveling my Commando using this combo. Aric is a dps companion, not a tank.

At level 34 you have all the healing tools, except the instant heal, so you should be having no problems.

Hope this helps.

At level 34 I dont have Tanno. I have tried 4x several times and he is worse than aric. I have researched and others have said the same thing about him. (although many like him)

I have no trouble healing in groups or taking down mob my own level its just that no matter which companion i use.. lev 29 elite is the highest I can take on without dying and I am level 34. I was unable to finish my class quest until yesterday.

Edited by msdixi

At level 34 I dont have Tanno. I have tried 4x several times and he is worse than aric. I have researched and others have said the same thing about him. (although many like him)

I have no trouble healing in groups or taking down mob my own level its just that no matter which companion i use.. lev 29 elite is the highest I can take on without dying and I am level 34. I was unable to finish my class quest until yesterday.

Forex is terrible when you get him, but people fail to see his usage if you keep him up to date with gear. This becomes alot easier when all parts are moddable, which they all are when you gain them from mission rewards. Try asking a Cybertech in your guild if possible. The whole issue with Forex is that he keeps to range and pull in a single mob with the Tow Cable, but if you micro him to use the melee abilities you will see alot of improvement.