Will Star Wars ever be re-made?

Shadyia

If they are going to remake any of the star wars film, they need to remake EP1-2 and most of EP 3. WE want to see the rise and fall of darth vader. not the emo child vader we got. he was spoused to be a great jedi who had rasied to great hights and then fell into darkness. but what we got was a spoiled child who wasnt a jedi, just some emo with a light saber.

the OT no hopefully not.

There are many classic movies that never get remade. It would be like remaking The Godfather or Citizen Cain. Remember the OT is frequently on the top 100 movies of all time.

The Prequels desperetly need to be remade. But seeing as Lucas made an entire unvierse it would be smarter just to make say an Old Republic movie.

The films now will never be Re-made. If there was to be new films it will come in the form of a new trilogy dealing with new characters and story.

The original star wars saga is immortal and already is too well established in society.

oh and for the record,Star Trek wasnt 'remade'. its an alternate timeline.

Think of it...

Star Trek

Battlestar Galatica

Superman

Batman

The Hobbit

...the list goes on. All once graced the big screen and all were re-done with new actors, new stories and new plots (for better or worse).

Will this happen with Star Wars?

Of course, it all comes down to Darth Lucus, who up until now has been "I don't want to do it, but I don't want anyone else to do it either." :mad:

Personally, I don't see this happening in the next 10 years, but I think it will.

Maybe...just maybe...we will get the Star Wars we know exists. No Ewoks. No Jar-jar. Not as grim and depressing as the re-make of BSG, but with that edge that invites one to choose between the Light Side and the Dark Side, the ways the games have done.

Will it happen?

Why hate on the Ewoks? They're just another fur-covered race like Wookies. However, Jar-jar I understand the hate.

I believe GL has said that there will be no more Star Wars movies.. Ever.. So while he is still alive and well.. I doubt we will see a new Star Wars movie.. And with George Lucas retiring from making blockbuster movies, I think there's even a smaller chance that we'd ever see a new or remade Star Wars..

But all for the best, I believe.. While I love the OT, the re-makes makes me cry a little bit inside.

Gods I hope not. The original SW film is one of only two of the films that is actually good. All the remakes of films they have done over the past decades has done nothing but given us films that pale in comparison to their originals.

I disagree that this is a necessity or a truism.

I will always hold BSG as a shining counter-example in the area of TV series.

The Nolan/Bale Batman beats the previous Batman movies IMO, but it's definitely not worse.

Different actors, directors and writers allow telling the same basic story very differently, and each interpretation can provide its own, compelling aspects. (But at the same time - it can also fail for that reason.)

So, will it ever be re-made? Probably not before Lucas is dead, and even then, it may not happen.

But I wouldn't mind it to happen. Mostly to fix the Prequels, to be honest. The original movies... Well, they are very iconic to me, but they are hardly flawless. It would just be hard for me to not see Carrie Fisher or Harrison Ford in their respective roles (or slave bikinis ;) ).

But I imagine that RotJ may be far more enjoyable with Wookies, rather than Ewoks, for example. The choreography of the lightsaber scenes might be improved significantly (though I hope they don't got overboard with it like they did with the prequels.) Having the 6 parts be created together may also lead to a more consistent and fluent feeling. Actors, sets, visual style, they could all be kept consistent.

Edited by MustrumRidcully