Knight Vs trooper

Therealkoop

Rerolling a new class on a higher population server. Only going to PVP and will do precisely 0 Fp's.

Currently using a vanguard with full champion/600 expertise. I absolutely love vanguard but I wont play it to 50 again. Guardian seems to be similiar so that could be an option, which is why im asking. Sentinal is also an option since im pvp only.

Thanks for any insight.

Sentinel doesn't get good till about lvl 40 to be honest. It's a top heavy skill tree but very rewarding once you get up there. It is much less forgiving than many of the other classes and requires a more complex rotation as well but the damage output is worth it. You are also one of the few classes that can effectively kill healers and you have access to a few buffs such as transcendence and inspiration which provide buffs to your teammates in the area.

Can't see how you could think Vanguard and Guardians were similar... No real CC except short durations stuns, only 2 ranged skills, no aoe...

They're like night and day :)

Currently Guardian is considered weak for PvP (or rather at a bigger disadvantage than most classes), although a tank spec is pretty decent in organized group fights. PUGs is probably not a satisfying option as a Guardian.

Can't see how you could think Vanguard and Guardians were similar... No real CC except short durations stuns, only 2 ranged skills, no aoe...

They're like night and day :)

Currently Guardian is considered weak for PvP (or rather at a bigger disadvantage than most classes), although a tank spec is pretty decent in organized group fights. PUGs is probably not a satisfying option as a Guardian.

As a champ geared Guard (Focus) I can say that you are right to an extent. I however usually top the DPS charts in PvP and very rarely finish outside the top 3 (I do however have my rotations down to a fine art). In a 1v1 I can solo pretty much anyone I come across but you can 'sometimes' struggle against multiple opponents due to our squshiness.