Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Lethality/Marksman Question

VictoireStar

Hi, I'm at the point where I have just turned Sniper, but I'm kinda in a dilemma where the skill trees are concerned. Marksman seems to be a stationary spec that predominately uses cover, while Lethality is a mobile spec. I am not exactly sure which would fare better in pvp, and in world pvp as well?

Lethality is widely regarded as our pvp spec (and it has it's uses in pve as well) - but once your enemies learn to dispell your poison dots (which won't happen until the later levels (like 40+)) you're kinda screwed.

MM is solid all the way, but you need to keep your distance or your dead, which is not easy in pvp situations (especially battle grounds).

I'm not sure how levelling as an engineer is, though.

Edited by Aiwan

Depends on play style, either can be made to work in PvP. Marksman requires you take up a good point to setup (ideally without too many LoS zones) and shoot from afar. Lethality is somewhat closer to the action, generally performs well while out of cover but has less of a burst. Most lethality snipers embrace mobility completely and never go into cover (or rarely do so).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.