An Idea to Replace Flying Mounts

JaeCryo

I was discussing with a fellow player (for the empire!) in the general chat and the topic of Flying Mounts came up. I decided that if BioWare starts taking advice from the general players (not trying to be insulting), that many of the decisions will just end up following WoW, so I proposed to him that instead of using flying mounts, players should use the pods of their own ships for an Orbital Space Drop into areas, particularily for World PvP and other destinations. What do you think?

Holy crap, that would be cool.

I dislike the idea of full flying mounts because it diminishes quests and zones into a "fly from quest giver to point a, b, c" without need to explore, find paths and fight things in between.

But drop pods.. definitely a neat idea.

Interesting idea but I have one for you. If you Pod drop from orbit from your ship. For immersion sake, how do you get your ship out of orbit?

Already discussed in numerous podcasts. Your droid pilots the ship and flies it everywhere while you're gone.

Interesting idea but I have one for you. If you Pod drop from orbit from your ship. For immersion sake, how do you get your ship out of orbit?

The same way your companions supposedly go to another planet within the span of three minutes to complete Missions.

Another video game has already done this. It's called Section 8. It's a FPS. It still would be a cool idea. You spawn 50,000 feet in the air and drop on to a LZ near allies.

There could be AA guns that your team can take control and shoot down enemy pods if they get to close.

Edited by FubarJeb