Timeline Question in SWTOR [Question is a Spoiler]

Petrus

So. Very. Confused.

Regarding the Timeline (very minor spoiler):

When and how does the War restart? Playing as a SI, we start out with the war teatering on the brink. Then part way through Act II, taaada, load screen says the war has already restarted. But my quests indicate that the war has not yet begun, and we're still in a Cold War.

Then, ok, somehow the Cold War ended, but we're going to assume you've read the morning papers and know all about it....so let's just pretend we're all up to speed on events. On with the war.

What the heck is going on?

Nothing about the war is actually explained in our quest line.

Note: The SI story line has almost nothing to do with the war. We're given this plot line where we spend almost all of our time from lvl-s 30 to 50 playing Ghostbusters...

Could someone please explain, because the people who wrote the content for the SI didn't seem to think that part was very important.

Edited by Petrus

While I agree there should have been something like a cutscene between acts to give you the impression that time has moved on, which, I get the feeling it had by atleast a few months inbetween story arcs, I would say there were somethings that alluded to the war, like Corellia, Voss and Belsavis, where we were pretty openly going after the Republic on the Imperial side.

As for the SI stuff, personally I think it made sense, I mean, we're kind of in the background for the most part, and when we do help out with the war effort, it can be in big ways, like the Imperial weapons project we help restart, that seemed like something that will make a big impact later.

Although a large number of happenings lead to the second war, it's when the Trooper destroys the Empire's superweapon, the "Gauntlet," that the Imperial High General declares open war on the Republic and launches a renewed offensive. As far as I have heard, the trooper is the only class of all 8 which sees war declared, which would make sense seeing how the trooper is more involved with the Empire/Republic war than any other class.