Respeccing Pyrotech, looking for feedback on my build

Phaentom

Eating lunch right now thought id write this up, my Arsenal Merc is lvl 49, was planning on lvling to 50 in PvP. Well getting to 30 valor just from 1-49 I noticed often that lack of mobility and cc/interupts were crippling in pvp, well pvping for a few hours straight is enraging without either - so im respeccing.

This is the Spec im looking to roll: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300zZMIk0MZcGMrzGhMc.1

Not sure how important thermal detonator is but if it is more important than I think it is this is the other spec I was gonna test: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300zZMfkZcGrrzGhMs.1

I think having the increased jetboost knockback is crucial for pvp, but if im not able to crank out the dps it wouldnt matter either way.

Thoughts? Builds?

Should have mentioned I read that thread.

Not sure how important TD is but I doubt its a waste if I skipped it.

Second build looks better than the first, since talented Rocket Punch is a much bigger waste of points than TD (unless you're powertech).

edit: And 4 extra meters for jet boost is really immaterial. Now if it included a root...

Edited by Phrase

I would trade those two points in Rocket Punch for Energy Rebounder, especially as you have taken Degauss; the synergy there is pretty strong. I'd also take the points from Stabilizers and drop them in Hired Muscle. If you're suffering pushback on Power Shot, then you need to be doing something to get away from the source; not just trying to channel.

Both of those specs will make you think Pyro is weaker than it really is.

Every single point counts, and you're wasting 3-4.

Your first spec doesn't work, and the second one is weak.

You take Hired Muscle until you have 30% without it. And Pyro needs Thermal Detonator. It's Explosive Dart x2 on the same timer. Stabilizers is unnecessary at best. A complete waste of time at worst. And choose: Degauss or Gyroscopic Alignment Jets, not both.

I say Gyroscopic, because you're going to get re-snared the minute you use Energy Shield, and you should have Energy Shield on CD for its defensive capabilities already anyway - not saving it for a snare.

For pvp - Energy Rebounder

For pve - Automated Defenses

Those should be in everyone's spec. Basically, in order to be useful as Pyro - you need Thermal D, Firebug, Burnout and Rain of Fire. Which means it needs to be at 31.

May I also suggest that if you're taking an Endurance talent, you take all of it so it's not completely useless? You're going to be able to soft-cap your accuracy anyway, may as well add to your Endurance.

My two builds, one before I can reach 30% crit without Hired Muscle, and the other when I can.

<30% crit

30% crit or higher

With the final build, I end up getting 5% Endurance overall from talents, which adds nicely to Hunter's Boon. And I vent 66 heat every 90 seconds, rather than 50 heat every 120. (25 heat per minute vs 44 heat per minute) - A very noticeable dps increase.

Edited by Stranded_Law