Commando Assaul/Heals Hybrid

Xariyth

Morning folks,

Hoping to see if I can get any suggestions on what secondary stats I should go looking for.

I PvP mostly. My main points are in heals and keeping the team alive, but I like to have a bit of DPS utility as well and I went Assault. Gunnery has better synergy with heals (lower level talents) but Assault gives that lovely Inc shot that sets people on fire so they can't cap a node. ;)

What secondary stats should I be stacking?

If I am having gear crafted (have a nutty Armortech friend who is hell bent on getting every purple recipe out there), should I balance out the Power and Crit prefix or just go power or just go Crit?

Should I go surge over Alacrity?

Any pointers, greatly appreciated.

I haven't personally tried a hybrid healing spec yet but if I was going to it would be a medic/gunnery mix because of all the utility in the gunnery tree. It would be something like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRRozfdzZMIkbRb.1

Or if you plan on using armor-piercing cell you can drop the points in armor screen and preventative medicine for cell charger.

For your secondary stats you want to balance crit/surge/power. I think alacrity is by far the worst stat so I'd avoid it if possible.

Edited by Jooji

Morning folks,

Hoping to see if I can get any suggestions on what secondary stats I should go looking for.

I PvP mostly. My main points are in heals and keeping the team alive, but I like to have a bit of DPS utility as well and I went Assault. Gunnery has better synergy with heals (lower level talents) but Assault gives that lovely Inc shot that sets people on fire so they can't cap a node. ;)

What secondary stats should I be stacking?

If I am having gear crafted (have a nutty Armortech friend who is hell bent on getting every purple recipe out there), should I balance out the Power and Crit prefix or just go power or just go Crit?

Should I go surge over Alacrity?

Any pointers, greatly appreciated.

That gear is moot, because in PvP you'll be wanting to pick up PVP Gear with Expertise on it instead.

Currently you can't buy mods as good as you can get in the items themselves from PvP items, so short term you should probably make your gear choice based on set bonus, instead of secondary stats.

When it comes to secondary stats though, I'd say: Expertise>Crit>Surge>Power>Alacrity

Alacrity won't come into play on your DPS dots. Crit/Surge will. And Alacrity won't be that useful in PvP healing because you'll be dying a lot anyway, and healing output is nerfed. ; )

Expertise is a long long way off unfortunately. After my oops last night of accidently deleting my level 39 trooper, I am back to square one leveling. I'm just lucky for friends that will keep me geared so I can level as hard as I feel like and never worry about that :L)

Expertise is a long long way off unfortunately. After my oops last night of accidently deleting my level 39 trooper, I am back to square one leveling. I'm just lucky for friends that will keep me geared so I can level as hard as I feel like and never worry about that :L)

Just ticket for your trooper back, I'm sure they'll re-instate it.

Did. They listed all the characters I had deleted on the server as I was playing around with things... but... my trooper was actually a reroll of a smuggler (I get attached to names) and they only showed that original smuggler being deleted, rather then the trooper as well (even though I gave them the date and time of when I deleted it).

I still have a ticket asking for them to look harder, but I started the leveling process again just because it's better then sitting around waiting and getting angry at myself for being stupid. :D