AMD Catalyst 12.1

TheNevet

Yeah, I've been having problems since updating to catalyst 12.2 yesterday morning, mainly with missing material textures and such, such that sandpeople on tatooine look like they're wearing hot pink gear, and viewing a pair of pants in the dressing room showed only something with light blue coloring with words printed on it that appeared to specifically say "missing material". It was hard to tell since it wrapped around my character's legs.

Hey , I have small problem , today i update my Drive's 12.1 too > 12.2 and i have graphics problem after that ... :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/screenshot2012030915043.jpg/

anyone know how to fix that pixel problem ?

For me it was the bloom setting that caused strange issues with textures with Catalyst 12.2 (especially transparent ones), I unchecked Bloom in graphics options and it went away.

Can you point me to where you're getting this information? I'm just asking because I've never had an issue with preview drivers.

If anyone's interested, according to HardOCP, 12.1's performance is generally on par with 11.12, the main difference is some tweaks to the CCC interface and the ability to create custom profiles. 12.2 adds some minor tweaks to specific games.

There is a new crossfire profile for TOR though.

The 12.2 preview actually was broken. So I was right when I told you beta drivers had problems.

This version had problems with running 3D accelerated games at the same time as 3D accelerated videos in flash.

The 12.3 drivers seems to be working fine though.

I'm also using 12.3, and can confirm that is does in fact, not burn your house down.

From everything I have seen, 12.3 is making older 4xxx/5xxx cards over heat. So if you still have one of those, you should just drop the $60 and get a better card.

I confirm this information I have a HD4890 Vapor-X and since I installed the Catalyst 12.3 the card is burning after 5 minutes of gaming at 90°C and freezes filling my screen with artifacts.

I play now with low quality graphics, cooler locked to 100% speed and underclocked GPU (still burning at 80°C which is not a really stable temperature)

And now, my noob question: Is it possible to downgrade the catalyst version ?

I confirm this information I have a HD4890 Vapor-X and since I installed the Catalyst 12.3 the card is burning after 5 minutes of gaming at 90°C and freezes filling my screen with artifacts.

I play now with low quality graphics, cooler locked to 100% speed and underclocked GPU (still burning at 80°C which is not a really stable temperature)

And now, my noob question: Is it possible to downgrade the catalyst version ?

Yes, but you'll need something like driver sweep. Basically you have to remove the current driver then install an older one.

Yes, but you'll need something like driver sweep. Basically you have to remove the current driver then install an older one.

I used Driver Sweeper to remove the AMD Driver... Now all the catalyst installers are failing installing... F*** Sh***y OS . The message is obviously not verbose as it just says "installation failed" LOL... Totally worth an error report !

I'm bored with this ****. I've been trying it for about 2 hours... I give up now. I'm on steam tilt

EDIT: I managed to install a 11.5 version via the windows update program. Now the game is stable again but I still cannot install other versions of the driver through the AMD Catalyst installer.

Downgrading fixed my problem anyway :)

Edited by DaDeus

• 1 month later...
I used Driver Sweeper to remove the AMD Driver... Now all the catalyst installers are failing installing... F*** Sh***y OS . The message is obviously not verbose as it just says "installation failed" LOL... Totally worth an error report !

I'm bored with this ****. I've been trying it for about 2 hours... I give up now. I'm on steam tilt

EDIT: I managed to install a 11.5 version via the windows update program. Now the game is stable again but I still cannot install other versions of the driver through the AMD Catalyst installer.

Downgrading fixed my problem anyway :)

Late reply, I know, just going back through my posts, and all you should have to do is go into your device manager for your video card drive and use the rollback driver function.