Bacta Infusion or Grav Round

Buckit

I'm on a fence and not leveled up enough yet to test either.

I'd like some feedback from those who may have already tested this out.

Because of the way the skill tree is set up, you can have Bacta Infusion or Grav Round but it's impossible to create a build with both.

That leaves the question, do I want a really powerful heal or a really powerful damage ability?

Has anyone gone back and forth, trying BI and GR? What were your impressions? Is one way more useful to have than the other? Obviously depends on play style, but does one seem like a must have relative to the other?

I was full heals as a Combat Medic. I gave BI a fair shot for over a week in a variety of situations. The overwhelming (in my opinion) and only advantage from BI is insta-cast. The amount healed, however, leaves a lot to be desired. I have for the last few days been trying a hybrid build of 23 in Combat Medic (enough to get HoT on AMP and trauma probe) and 18 in Gunnery (enough to get Grav Round and its bonus debuff stacking). So far I am pleased with its results.

We ran Dir 7 last night with a Trooper Gunnery Commando, Trooper Vangaurd, and Jedi Sage. We wiped only once in the last fight when we all got dispersed from the bombs going out and the crane chasing people running around. Grav Round upkeep is very cheap ammo wise and allows a near endless barrage of High Impact Bolt and Charged Bolts.

If you are primarily healing content that you aren't way over-geared for you probably won't have a lot of opportunities to use grav round.

While Bacta is a pretty big let down of a skill at the top of the healing tree, it is free and instant so it does have its uses in a healing rotation.

The whole point of grav round and for that matter gunnery is grav powers up everything else. If you don't have the high level gunnery skills then all grav round is charge bolts with a debuff that allows hi impact bolt.

Good to know. So Grav Round in and of itself isn't necessarily worth the skill point considering the damage it does?

Good to know. So Grav Round in and of itself isn't necessarily worth the skill point considering the damage it does?

It does less damage than charged bolt. Not much, but still. The whole point of grav round is with the extra feat, like curtain of fire and demolition round. If you don't plan to go further in the DPS tree, charged bolt is better.

This is written to people that do not have full Expertise gear - that single stat changes everything.

I do not agree. Lately I have been running a hybrid build myself - all the way to grav round and charged barrel.

I find this game to be around concentrated firepower so the spammable Grav round and it's debuff are a good addition to it (also every commando with grav round has their own separate debuff stack), I also get better CC with the hybrid build (and a somewhat spammable interrupt with Stockstrike)

Also, commando as a medic is mostly for single target healing - we lack the ability to heal multiple people in a way that it would make it worthwhile to spend and most of the HoTs and healing buffs we get are not that great - I'd rather do 2k damage to an enemy within 2 seconds than heal for another 1.2k in 30 seconds.

Hybrid build still has the two main single target heals (and the area Kolto Bomb) but they are not instant great heals.

I usually do not top the damage or healing ranks, but rather adapt to the role currently needed - either DPS or throw out heals.

I'm an objective oriented player so I do not care for inflating my numbers in WZ.