Khem Val doesn't like me

Benpax

Hi, I'm playing light side which doesn't make it easy to gain affaction with Khem but I'm managing to get a constant, if slow, raise. Although Khem's affection right now is around 1600 (I'm lvl 24), I just talked with him for the first time and he said I treat him like a slave rather than an ally. I'm wondering if this is normal or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for any help.

He IS your slave, like it or not, you bound him after you released him and beat him in combat. He can't attack you/harm you even if he wanted to (and trust me, he REALLY wants to). So as of now, he is your loyal servant, waiting to get free and being able to kill you.. raise some more affection with him and you'll get a very cool story with him.

As for Affection as LS Inqui (been there), you can either shower him with gifts OR solo BT normal mode and choose all the options Khem likes, nets you something like 250 aff. or so per run (reminder; You only need to do the talking and 2 or 3 bosses to complete the FP, you don't ever have to kill trashmobs, so a run doesn't take long.)

With Khem, you just choose the most arrogant answer most of the time, except when it comes to dealing with slaves / subordinates. He likes tough talk.

This all completely different from the major light side / dark side choices you make deep into the conversation trees.

You'll take some hits on these but its really not much of a deal.

Long story short, just be a dick or talk about killing/fighting, unless theres alignments points involved. if he hates the decision (i.e. -30+) just dismiss him and summon after its over. some light side decisions (for example, choosing to kill them immediately or let them fight back, as opposed to dark side killing them slowly/torturing) ive gotten even 120 affection for him.

I'm level 38, light IV and have 4000 affection for him. Then again, companion gifts always help.

He IS your slave, like it or not, you bound him after you released him and beat him in combat. He can't attack you/harm you even if he wanted to (and trust me, he REALLY wants to). So as of now, he is your loyal servant, waiting to get free and being able to kill you.. raise some more affection with him and you'll get a very cool story with him.

As for Affection as LS Inqui (been there), you can either shower him with gifts OR solo BT normal mode and choose all the options Khem likes, nets you something like 250 aff. or so per run (reminder; You only need to do the talking and 2 or 3 bosses to complete the FP, you don't ever have to kill trashmobs, so a run doesn't take long.)

You can get 455 KV aff per BT run, if you take the dark side choices. Not sure what the max is if you take light side choices. I can suspend "rp'ing my character" long enough for a 10 minute BT run. KV is very easy to gain affection with in BT, and I'll run it just for social points (mad social points in BT too) and dark side points sometimes anyway.

Edited by Harwel

Once you hit max light side, it doesnt matter if you take dark side options i think.

Mine hasnt gone down yet since i reached max light side by picking a few dark side options.

I took a few dark side crafting quests and went down to 9950. I then could not use a light side V relic until I got the 50 points back.

455? max I got was around 440 per run. I must have miss something.

I figured it out independently, but when I was looking at his entry on Torhead to see when I could get more quests out of him, I noticed there is a comment on his entry that tells you all the options to take to get 455.

http://www.torhead.com/npc/6Q23E0O/khem-val#comments

Though I think he may have an error or two. Coversation 1, with the Lieutenant, you need do to 3,3 for example. The second post about it clarifies and fixes it.

Shame you can't do repeated BT runs with your other companions for aff though.

Edited by Harwel

Hi, I'm playing light side which doesn't make it easy to gain affaction with Khem but I'm managing to get a constant, if slow, raise. Although Khem's affection right now is around 1600 (I'm lvl 24), I just talked with him for the first time and he said I treat him like a slave rather than an ally. I'm wondering if this is normal or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for any help.

Khem will always have this conversation with you regardless of how much affection you have with him...it's just part of his companion s/l.