The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech PvP Eliminator or Combat Tech?

creatineted

Hey guys currently rank 58 have my full champion combat tech pvp gear as a pyrotech its not bad by any means i like the 2 set bonus and rocket punch isnt bad but I do realize rail **** is my most used skill so would you suggest getting the 15% crit chance on rail shot or keeping the 2 set bonus and getting 15% on rocket punch. Deciding what I want to do when I hit battlemaster over the next few days gut tells me to go Eliminator but figured I'd see what everyone thought. Thanks

For PvP, unless you're full tank (or don't use Rail Shot much) you want the Eliminator set for the extra 15% to crits. The bonus to RP is good, but most (PVP) builds focus and favor rail shot.

Z

honestly as arsenal, i go for the 2 piece pve set +15% TM crits and then the 2 set for pvp (shortened knockbacks)

I use TM more than rail shot, as to pretty much all Arsenal spec.

honestly as arsenal, i go for the 2 piece pve set +15% TM crits and then the 2 set for pvp (shortened knockbacks)

I use TM more than rail shot, as to pretty much all Arsenal spec.

While interesting, that's not terribly useful information for the OP... since he's asking about gear for a Powertech BH, and you are a Mercenary BH.

I am also wondering which set I should use. I know that many people seem to be getting the most mileage out of the Eliminator set, and while I haven't tried full Pyro or Carolina Parakeet builds yet, I am attracted to the RP bonus crits. I am planning to compare the sets based off of Knotor.com's information after work. I suggest you visit there and look for yourself as well.

Shieldtech and AP (lol) use combat tech as shield uses rocket punch a lot and for AP rail shot is almost always going to crit anyway. For pyro eliminator all the way for the 15% extra rail shot crit.

Just beware of the bugged combat techs 2pc. Seems to make carbonize misbehave a lot and decide to just flat not work