Ataru Form Zen

AASmirnov

I've noticed the difference. However focus generation is already easy enough leaving little to be desired from the increased speed. As a result I'd sometimes rather save my centering for transendence, backed up by rebuke and blade ward helping to to DPS for a longer, barely weaker haul. Edited by Cooperal

It's my imagination that it reduces the GCD of all abilities not just Strike/Blade Rush. Ah well you can test this properly using Combat Trance (or Precision Strike) count how many hits you can do with Blade Rush before Combat Trance wears off. Should be 3 with 1.5s. GCD and 5 with 1s GCD not counting the first hit that activates Combat Trance and assuming the first hit is also effected by Zen.

What actually happens, and let me preface this by saying it's stupid, is you do get a 0.5 decrease in the GCD for the list skills, but it doesn't visually show this with the GCD indicator on your skills. Here are the caveats of Ataru form Zen that I have noticed:

1) If you set your ability action queue to 0.25 or less, it will not work. You have to have your ability action queue set at least to 0.5 seconds for it to work. I discovered this while playing around with it one day. I'm sure it's a very stupid bug.

2) It only begins to work on your 2nd consecutive slash/massacre. If you cast, for example, zen > battering assault > vicious slash/massacre, you will notice no difference in activation speed of vicious slash/massacre. However, if you cast massacre > massacre > massacre > etc. Then on the second (and further) massacre, you will notice a increased activation speed for each massacre.

3) For best results, wait until the GCD indicator is roughly 2/3s distance finished (since the 1.5 indicator doesn't visibly change, 0.5 =1/3 of 1.5, so you should be able to activate VS/massacre at 2/3 GCD indicator travel distance.

If you fulfill all 3 of these requirements, it will work, but in the end I feel it is severely lackluster compared to Juyo Zen.

Recap: ability action queue to at least 0.5; only works on the 2nd consecutive massacre and on; doesn't change the GCD indicator visually at all.

Pre lvl 40

Zen > Precise Slash > Slash > Slash > Slash > Slash > Slash

Post lvl 40

Zen > Precise Slash > Blade Rush > Blade Rush > Blade Rush > Blade Rush > Blade Rush

That is Zen's (in Ataru Form) only purpose.

Due to latency and gameplay mechanics, you will only be able to get 5 Slashes/Blade Rushes in during your 100% armor penetration.

With 3 points in 'Focused Slash' and Zen you will need 9 focus built up to pull this off.