The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

making the switch

Tersidre

got a jugg immortal to 50 tanked both operations got full columni...got the good lightsaber.. everything perfect and loved it...

rolled a powertech out of curiosity...

i will be replacing my juggernaut with my level 30 powertech as my main character.

Yes it is THAT awesome.

Edited by Tersidre

Did the same. Had a 50 sorc a week or so after release, played for quite some time and got sort of tired with it. Started up sniper, marauder and powertech. It didnt take long before I logged on my tech alot more than my other alts.

I will never go back. Its just the most rewarding class in the game, in my opinion. I could basically just delete everything else, except for my techie, and still be quite happy. Even though I still of course play my sorc. But mainly for farming creds to pimp my powertech while leveling. :)

As a juggernaut myself I´m curious. What exactly is more rewarding/fun/viable with a powertech over a juggernaut?

Well ill tell you the outright upfront reason i am switching. In my opinion powertech is simply a better choice for tanking then a jugg. Jugg is great at single target tanking and has a plethora of cooldowns at his disposal to help him. But i cannot tell you how often i had to run around like a chicken with its head cut off to main tain aggro on a pack of mobs in flashpoints and in operations.

Meanwhile the power tech while he is still having to move around some has of course ranged attacks but also more direct means of controlling the positioning of mobs. Not to mention the powertechs raw aoe power completely trumphs a jugg immortal.

So what it breaks down to is im having more >>FUN<< with this powertech then i have had on my jugg.

My jugg is great ill keep him around i mean he IS lvl 50 and he does have full set of pvp and pve tanking gear but chances are i will most likely be respecing him to vengeance and just turning him into my melee dps character.

Edited by Tersidre