why do we have to zone 3 times to go from fleet to our ship? (and the same back again

loudent

So, I'm in fleet and I decide to do some flight missions.

1) I click on the door to my hanger

2) (wait)

3) I click on the elevator button

4) (wait)

5 I click on the ship door

I have to ask why this is? There's nothing in the elevator room, nor in the hanger bay. Why can't it just take us directly to ship (either in or out would be fine)?

"...if you complain about that you complain about the smallest things if you ask me.

While I agree with your sentiment, I can see where the OP is coming from. My understanding is that when you travel to a planet, the entire planet is loaded while we're presented with the loading screen. If the entire planet is loaded, why so many additional instancing (steps) just to get to the planet?

Take Belsalvis. You fly there - or to the orbital station, click your ship's door, wait, run 60 meters straight ahead to another door, wait, run across the promenade toward the shuttle, click the shuttle door, wait...NOW you're on Belsalvis.

It just seem tedious, with no real purpose. And before you say breadcrumb quests, those could have easily been placed on the planet itself.

I'd be ecstatic if they'd at least allow speeders in all the space ports and docks.

• 2 weeks later...
"OMG, I have to travel for 15 sec longer than if I could teleport directly to my ship."

We are talking about 2 sec transitions, if you complain about that you complain about the smallest things if you ask me.

I have to agree with the OP and think your logic here is lame and trolling in nature, because i find it annoying too to have to zone so much just to go from point A to point B, it doesn't make sense.

Say I'm on the imperial fleet and want to go do dailies on belsavis. After i do all that the OP has said i zone into a docking bay which is nothing more then a long tunnel that has nothing in it but a door that leads to an orbital station. Once there i can visit the planet. This seems kinda pointless annoying and excessive.