An Arsenal Spec Merc Guide?

PullinStuff

I was browsing the stickies and noticed that unlike other subs there is no Arsenal Spec Merc Guide, Why not?

I am not as advanced in Merc to put it all together, not as well as other posts, but hopefully some people may throw in their input.

This is what I am looking at for my BH, Thoughts?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300bcoMZrIobRrdRzfz.1

I dont think the main reason is there is no one perfect arsenal merc build. The biggest thing is to spec your character to improve skills such as tracer shot, unload, rail shot, and heatseeking missles. Those will be your bread and butter. This is a look at my build, I speced final points into more healer friendly skills.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/mercenary/#::fe2f12efcfde2fe9fe8f18

I dont think the main reason is there is no one perfect arsenal merc build. The biggest thing is to spec your character to improve skills such as tracer shot, unload, rail shot, and heatseeking missles. Those will be your bread and butter. This is a look at my build, I speced final points into more healer friendly skills.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/mercenary/#::fe2f12efcfde2fe9fe8f18

How is envirosuit, everything I read was that it was underwhelming at best...

I usually run solo, Have racked up 0 Social points lol, I think I grouped once with my BH, and that was for Friends of old, but I experienced a technical difficulty...

Another reason why you may not see a specific guide for arsenal is because the builds will vary quite a bit depending on what you are doing, a PvP build will have some differences over a PvE build, and a general build will be different from either.

Now if you have an idea what your loooking for, ask and we might be able to put some information together for your needs.

<edit>

For an all purpose leveling, PvP, PvE and ability to backup heal when needed this is my current build at lvl 48

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300bfZMIkrRrdRzcz.1

I have pretty much solo'd to 48 with this build, but did do a few FP's as both DPS and Healer

if you need help with ability priorities and or stat weights let me know.

Edited by ugig

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rcZMIkrRMdokfzZc.1

This is what I'm using currently (PvE). My last two points which I put into Med Tech in Bodyguard can really go anywhere though, I just found that to be the most useful to me since I mostly solo and having quicker heals is nice.

From looking at that I would advise dropping Supercharged Gas since Arsenal Mercs don't use Combat Support Cylinder (we use High Velocity Gas Cylinder) and also dropping Critical Reaction because alacrity is pretty much the worst stat for Arsenal Mercs due to it not lowering the GCD.

Some things I would advise picking up are Muzzle Fluting for sure. This is probably one of the most important things to get in the tree due to dropping 9 heat from your most used ability Tracer Missile. Advanced Targeting and Improved Vents are also both worth picking up.

Edited by Hungy

Another reason why you may not see a specific guide for arsenal is because the builds will vary quite a bit depending on what you are doing, a PvP build will have some differences over a PvE build, and a general build will be different from either.

Now if you have an idea what your loooking for, ask and we might be able to put some information together for your needs.

<edit>

For an all purpose leveling, PvP, PvE and ability to backup heal when needed this is my current build at lvl 48

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300bfZMIkrRrdRzcz.1

I have pretty much solo'd to 48 with this build, but did do a few FP's as both DPS and Healer

if you need help with ability priorities and or stat weights let me know.

^^That was exactly the direction I was running in, exactly...

I like the idea of back up band aide with DPS priority. Since I pretty much solo everything I do that was the best I could come up with...

I would appreciate a stat weight and priorities. But this is what I was really talking about, generally the guides I see on other subs cover different builds based on different styles, not that I want a cookie cutter, but it generally covers the math without the availability of a meter....

This is what I'm using currently (PvE). My last two points which I put into Med Tech in Bodyguard can really go anywhere though, I just found that to be the most useful to me since I mostly solo and having quicker heals is nice.

From looking at that I would advise dropping Supercharged Gas since Arsenal Mercs don't use Combat Support Cylinder (we use High Velocity Gas Cylinder) and also dropping Critical Reaction because alacrity is pretty much the worst stat for Arsenal Mercs due to it not lowering the GCD.

Some things I would advise picking up are Muzzle Fluting for sure. This is probably one of the most important things to get in the tree due to dropping 9 heat from your most used ability Tracer Missile. Advanced Targeting and Improved Vents are also both worth picking up.

Yeah I figured on that after doing some more homework, thanks. I heard MF was bugged, I hope they fix that...

I plan on running the following spec:

Bodyguard 7 Arsenal 22 Pyrotech 12

Currently only lvl 29 though, so still a ways to go.

no offence, but that is just horrible and makes no sense at all. you're putting talents into abilities that require different types of gas cylinders. That is an instant no-no unless you totally know what you're doing with hybrids and have a lot of experience.

When I see someone with combustible gas cylinder active and firing tracer missiles, I can't help but to laugh as they tickle me with their abilities.

this is my build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rcMZMIkbRrdRzfz.1"

Mainly pvp oriented but it is great in pve too. Tons of damage and excellent survivability. There is one single point that I may switch, but apart from that it is perfect and probably the best possible pvp merc build.

Edited by Sinsavz

I don't use CGC, I use HVGC. I only put those 3 points into CGC because they are required for the +30% armor penetration of Rail Shot. It doesn't say CGC is required for this armor penetration, so I assume it works (and stacks) with HVGC (if they don't stack then I agree it would seem a pretty ****** build). Rail Shot gets a further boost of +30% damage by using Tracer Missiles. And vents 8 heat whenever it hits a burning target. Seems like great synergy to me. Edited by Rhaphael

I don't use CGC, I use HVGC. I only put those 3 points into CGC because they are required for the +30% armor penetration of Rail Shot. It doesn't say CGC is required for this armor penetration, so I assume it works (and stacks) with HVGC (if they don't stack then I agree it would seem a pretty ****** build). Rail Shot gets a further boost of +30% damage by using Tracer Missiles. And vents 8 heat whenever it hits a burning target. Seems like great synergy to me.

So you've spent 5 whole points (or even more actually) on just getting that 30% armor pen on rail shot. You could just put 1 point into riddle to give your unload 33% more damage.

It's such a waste of points to try and buff your rail shot to that extent whilst crippling you in other areas, rail shot isn't even that important.

Edited by Sinsavz

^^That was exactly the direction I was running in, exactly...

I like the idea of back up band aide with DPS priority. Since I pretty much solo everything I do that was the best I could come up with...

I would appreciate a stat weight and priorities. But this is what I was really talking about, generally the guides I see on other subs cover different builds based on different styles, not that I want a cookie cutter, but it generally covers the math without the availability of a meter....

Well for stats you will want to keep stacking Aim of course because it helps you in more than one area, then go crit >--surge >--power.

Priorities is tougher to cover because they are all situational, but I will give it a shot.

Standard DPS situation where you do not need to worry about healing at all will go something like this for single target: TM x3 HSM TM x2 Railshot <Unload fits in anywhere in this rotation once barrage procs> the key here is to maintain five stacks of heat sig on target, use HSM on CD, use Unload when ever barrage procs and when you build up five tracer locks pop Railshot.

Tight pack aoe: Thermal sensor override-Fusion DFA explosive dart then pick off whats left over with TM/Unload

If your in a group situation keep an eye on everyones health, if anyone drops below 30% kick in a few heals to help the healer catch up.

In PvP, the above single target DPS priority works well, but you will need to move more and manage your heat better, I tend to do things like buffer my TM's with a rapid shots between each, and while rapid shots are hitting i am moving, when I am hitting HSM I am moving, and same for rail shot. I use my knockbacks and stun as interupts and i stay close to any terrain that I can use to LoS when needed. And dont wait untill you are low health to pop your shield, pop it early and you will get better use out of it.

CGC is pretty important for an arsenal merc.

i used HVGC in groups for a bit, because i would see higher nukes from it... but once you have terminal velocity, it is great for the free heat vent and since i crit very frequently, it procs pretty much everytime its ICD is up.

So you've spent 5 whole points (or even more actually) on just getting that 30% armor pen on rail shot. You could just put 1 point into riddle to give your unload 33% more damage.

It's such a waste of points to try and buff your rail shot to that extent whilst crippling you in other areas, rail shot isn't even that important.

having riddle, with the barrage proc, is a beautiful thing.

unload damage is based off your blaster white damage, upgrade your barrels and you will see some nastiness come off your unloads.

This is my build

here

I don't care about slowing them....and I seem to do more damage....I don't really heal...ever

Why the two points to increase alacrity in the pyro tree? If you dont care about slowing them then those two points would serve you much better in jet escape to reduce your escape cooldowns, or in the endurance one, anything but alacrity

Im having a hard time justifying Advanced Targeting considering the copious amounts of Accuracy on Rakata level gear. I know you can thin it out with 25 level mods, but even then you only need 100% hit(unconfirmed if raid boss mobs have higher hit caps) to land special attacks. I am thinking about either Afterburners for utility, aka. spawns on Ancient Pylons, due to our lack of an interrupt this might come in handy. Possibly Custom Enviro Suit since 1% per point endurance is terrible, but coupled with 3% additional healing might almost make it useful.

Edited by Crestlin

I was browsing the stickies and noticed that unlike other subs there is no Arsenal Spec Merc Guide, Why not?

I am not as advanced in Merc to put it all together, not as well as other posts, but hopefully some people may throw in their input.

Go to the Commando board, the guy there has a Gunnery spec in a stickied thread, and Gunnery Commandos are essentially Arsenal Mercs.