The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

You guys are awesome :)

Xtrema

So I was questing in Highmount ridge on Hoth last night and got ganked by 4 republics, I respawned and saw that they were just camping the Leth outpost and no other imperials at the base wanted to help (they just afk'd after they saw it or said 'lol' (wt*?)), until FINALLY a BH powertech shows up and is like 'pshh commandos, lets go kick their asses'. We charged into a 2v4 and they all targetted me, we took one out before I died, but since it was right outside the outpost I was right back into the action. But that PT...hot damn, u guys can take a beating AND dish out damage at the same time?? I'm kinda doubting the PT needed my help but needless to say they all got pummeled. 5 mins later they came back, and brought TWO MORE repubs. Again I asked gen chat for help, and another PT eagerly abandons his class quest and shows up. With all the chatter about us killing repubs everyone else wanted a piece of the action and eventually it turned into an hour long manhunt of republics.

I don't know what it is, maybe the nature of your character gives you confidence, or people who like action go with BH for the DPS, but if it weren't for those 2 PT's and their eagerness to join the fight (unfavored one at that) I wouldve just left sad last night. I realize it's a small sample size of just 2 PTs in one night, but just wanted to say, you guys are awesome :)

btw, chain grappling between 2-3 BH's is hilarrrious!! :D

Edited by Xtrema

Powertech is the class in my expirience with the highest skill cap ceiling, so good players can really shine, although bad players can be extremely terrible, aka having too much heat, etc.

Oh please. Powertech is one of the few classes where I don't have all of my keybinds used up. The class is rather simple, really. Compared to a Sin and having to watch three procs and manage energy and short defensive cooldowns like Dark Ward? Bleh.

Don't get me wrong, I rather like the class. It's tied with Sorc as my highest level char now. But it's not highest skillcap class in the game, not by a long shot. At least in my opinion. Maras, Sins, etc., are all significantly more complex.

Oh please. Powertech is one of the few classes where I don't have all of my keybinds used up. The class is rather simple, really. Compared to a Sin and having to watch three procs and manage energy and short defensive cooldowns like Dark Ward? Bleh.

Don't get me wrong, I rather like the class. It's tied with Sorc as my highest level char now. But it's not highest skillcap class in the game, not by a long shot. At least in my opinion. Maras, Sins, etc., are all significantly more complex.

The powertech is extremely easy to get, but its hard to master, i think you didnt get what i really mean with highest skill cap.

Its like Terran in SC1 Brood War

as a shieldtech it is fairly easy to survive long enough a 1vs2 fight... pop shield, trinket and adrenals, and you are invulnerable for 20 seconds, which is quite a long time especially if the enemy focuses CCs on someone else like in your case. If they play smart they can however easily get you chain stunned for the duration of you defensive skills... after that not so easy.