US or EURO servers for Australians?

thebensonmethod

During the last two weekend testsI played on an East Coast and a Euro server, and in both cases felt that what little lag I (we really, my wife aso played) experienced was tolerable ie. we didn't die because of it.

West Coast gets a vote from me, as I'll have characters on both Harbinger and JJT.

I'm Australian, playing US.

No offence to EU's...

my experience with DAoC when Euro merged with the US servers....

I'd go US.

Not that I don't like EU but alot more non-english players from the EU region which can make it difficult to communicate with your fellow player at times :)

It's so easy to just do what Blizzard did, and nominate a few US West Coast servers as 'Oceanic', even though they're still hosted in the same location as all other West Coast servers.

If BioWare did this, they would have some level of control, and manage the load by adding/removing servers. As it stands, everyone in this region will be piling into the community nominated server.

It's not like it really costs anything to name the same server in the same locaiton as 'Oceanic'.

Been on Swiftsure for a couple days now (i'm aussie) and go to login today and BOOM 45-50min queues that never existed before. So I thought no worries, i'll just go clean up some dishes etc and wait.

Get in the game, start chatting to a friend and i'm about to begin The Esselles, disconnected... Sucks but ok, just login straight away... 790 in queue!! Come on Bioware are you serious??? Even with Rift and other games there is a grace period if you disconnect/log for at least a couple mins to get back in/remember where you were in the queue. I had no control over a random d/c now in a 1hr queue.

If you see yourself d/c be prepared for a nice long queue all over again :mad:

This is why Harbinger is so screwed up. You damn aussies! You guys have Oceanic servers for your kind ;) Seriously aussies totally invaded this server which was my primary server, and now queues are over an hour and climbing. Go back to where you belong! ;)

Harbinger and Jekk'Jekk were designated Unofficial Aussie Servers some time ago.

It's so easy to just do what Blizzard did, and nominate a few US West Coast servers as 'Oceanic', even though they're still hosted in the same location as all other West Coast servers.

Except that they haven't released the game in Oceania go to one of our retailers and they have TBA on the release date we had to do a digital download or import it via amazon. Opening actual oceanic servers when we aren't technically supposed to be playing yet would be admitting a misstep in the release schedule on BW's part.