Tracer Missile? --> FOCUS

Thuull

There is only ONE thing in a WZ that gives me tunnel vision.

The second I hear a tracer missile go off, I stop what I am doing, find the artillery guy, and do nothing but make sure that he/she dies...often times for the rest of the match.

I don't care what I'm doing, I might have some healer completely locked down, or I have a 1v1 off to the side that I was working on for 45 seconds...doesn't matter. I walk away from it and kill the tracer missile guy.

I really don't know why i do this. Lots of reasons I guess...tracer missile has a very distinct sound, so it gets your attention. Another is that if you leave a tracer missile guy alone, he *will* kill you with the stacking debuff it puts on you. Simply can't let a tracer missile guy sit back and do this thing, he'll wreck whatever it is your team is trying to do.

So...if you guys are in a WZ and have one or two guys just not leaving you alone, this is probably why.

It's funny, I'm generally a pretty good team player in WZs, and I just completely lose my crap when I'm around you guys =)

<snip>

It's funny, I'm generally a pretty good team player in WZs, and I just completely lose my crap when I'm around you guys =)

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

;)

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

;)

Heh, yeah.

Don't get me wrong, there's no "hate the player" here.

It's a survival instinct. If Tracer Spammer is left alive and gets his heat signatures built up, the fight's over. Go find somewhere else to play.

Have to lock him down immediately, and keep him that way, or it gets out of hand.

The second I hear a tracer missile go off, I stop what I am doing, find the artillery guy, and do nothing but make sure that he/she dies...often times for the rest of the match.

I don't care what I'm doing, I might have some healer completely locked down, or I have a 1v1 off to the side that I was working on for 45 seconds...doesn't matter. I walk away from it and kill the tracer missile guy.

I really don't know why i do this. Lots of reasons I guess...tracer missile has a very distinct sound, so it gets your attention. Another is that if you leave a tracer missile guy alone, he *will* kill you with the stacking debuff it puts on you. Simply can't let a tracer missile guy sit back and do this thing, he'll wreck whatever it is your team is trying to do.

So...if you guys are in a WZ and have one or two guys just not leaving you alone, this is probably why.

This happens on my server all the time. It's half the reason I'm now a pyro merc. So I'm less noticable. At least until power shot/railshot/detonator all go off in quick succession. At least I can run and rapid shot with a 16% chance to proc my cylinder with a slow on it. Better than no slow with someone in your face keeping your tracer locked.

This happens on my server all the time. It's half the reason I'm now a pyro merc. So I'm less noticable. At least until power shot/railshot/detonator all go off in quick succession. At least I can run and rapid shot with a 16% chance to proc my cylinder with a slow on it. Better than no slow with someone in your face keeping your tracer locked.

Also, I tend to go out of my way to try to at least keep a DoT up on an assassin/op if I see them pop out of stealth. And keep my stealth scan ready for the op's vanish. So I think everyone has a class they tend to target for one reason or another.

This is why huttball can be so fun as an arsenal merc, this tends to be a standard reaction and I cant tell you how many matches the team i have been on has won because I get some of the other teams best players chasing me around trying to squash the annoying missle guy while my ball carrier walks right past them and scores untouched.

Sure I die alot to 2-5 enemys focusing me down the second I show my face but I still laugh all the way to the win column.