The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Exar Kun vs. Lord Vitiate

LordMaximum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think exar would pull it off. Its would probably be pretty close considering Vitiate's power shown when he blasted revan so easily but the kun probably has better lightsaber skills and raw all around power.

You do have a point but we dont know Vitiate's saber skills they could be quiet amazing

plus sucked the life out of a whole planet

He required a ritual to do so. In comparison to someone like Darth Sidious (who COULD consume planets at will, without the need of relics and rituals), Vitiate's utilization of planet-consuming power is limited. And in regards to Vitiate incapacitating Revan in an instant, Sidious also displayed his usage of Lightning is on an entirely higher level than that (bending Windu's lightsaber blade in the ROTS novel.. no Sith has ever done that).

You should also bare in mind that par SWTOR, it reveals that Revan isn't really that strong anymore. The newer generation of Sith and Jedi eclipse his power (SPOILER: he dies in the Foundry flashpoint and it's canon).

But in terms of mental/psychic powers through the force, Vitiate is dominant because he's in hundreds of places at once (SPOILER: The "Voice of the Emperor's". There's dozens of them, not just one).

This would be close, but i'd say Exar Kun would win in the end. He was recognized by the Ancient Sith Lords as the true heir to the Sith (and was proclaimed as such by Marka Ragnos himself) in comparison to Vitiate who is shunned and hated by the Ancients - and guess who Vitiate's former master used to be? Marka Ragnos.

Edited by Oonkeh_

I'd have to say Exar Kun for the following reasons:

1. Kun was a master lightsaber duelist and the first to use the double-bladed variant. In fact his lightsaber was barely longer that a regular lightsaber. Despite the problems that would cause Kun was able to wield it with enough skill to kill Jedi Masters.

2. Kun was a master of Sith Alchemy and other dark arts. Kun usually did things for one of two reasons: to prove a point, or to grab some bit of knowledge that would make him more powerful. If not for the Jedi he would have unleashed his spirit upon the galaxy and wreaked havoc.

3. Unlike most Sith Lords who let their emotions, arrogance, or lust for power get the better of them Kun was patient and devious much like Palpatine four millenia later. He destroyed an entire star cluster in order to grab as much knowledge from a Jedi library while they were busy escaping. He also warned Ulic Qel-Droma against attacking Coruscant. Kun isn't likely to enter a battle without having a decisive advantage. The only reason he was beaten was because Ulic couldn't hack it as a Sith and betrayed his location to the Jedi.

I find it surprising that some people think Exar Kun was even a match for the Sith Emperor. I suggest you read 'Revan' novel, Lord Vitiate is one of the main characters in it. He is unlike any being that was ever born, when Lord Scourge who was a Sith Lord took a not even second long glimpse at the Emperor, he cried out like a child.

Some of his abilities on top of my head:

- Being able to perform most complex sith rituals ever attempted (consuming life of the entire planet - billions of live beings destroyed in matters of seconds).

- Being immortal? "His life spans millenia". Also from what I understand, it is almost impossible to completely kill the Emperor. His essence will always live on, attempting to find another host it can possess. For sure the Emperor got some weakness that can be exploited in order to defeat him, as everyone, but noone knows what it is yet.

- Being able to mind control pretty much anyone (though it is possible to resist the Emperor, Revan being the proof of that.

He required a ritual to do so. In comparison to someone like Darth Sidious (who COULD consume planets at will, without the need of relics and rituals), Vitiate's utilization of planet-consuming power is limited. And in regards to Vitiate incapacitating Revan in an instant, Sidious also displayed his usage of Lightning is on an entirely higher level than that (bending Windu's lightsaber blade in the ROTS novel.. no Sith has ever done that).

You should also bare in mind that par SWTOR, it reveals that Revan isn't really that strong anymore. The newer generation of Sith and Jedi eclipse his power (SPOILER: he dies in the Foundry flashpoint and it's canon).

But in terms of mental/psychic powers through the force, Vitiate is dominant because he's in hundreds of places at once (SPOILER: The "Voice of the Emperor's". There's dozens of them, not just one).

This would be close, but i'd say Exar Kun would win in the end. He was recognized by the Ancient Sith Lords as the true heir to the Sith (and was proclaimed as such by Marka Ragnos himself) in comparison to Vitiate who is shunned and hated by the Ancients - and guess who Vitiate's former master used to be? Marka Ragnos.

This.

If Kun had his relics, then he could wipe out most Sith Lords. But it takes too much planning and time which makes him weaker than Sid.

And since Vitate doesn't really use Lightsaber's it would have to be a force battle...

1. Kun was a master lightsaber duelist and the first to use the double-bladed variant. In fact his lightsaber was barely longer that a regular lightsaber. Despite the problems that would cause Kun was able to wield it with enough skill to kill Jedi Masters.

While I'm on your side. The arguement point about Kun's saber skills don't matter. Vitate didn't really use Lightsabers.

2. Kun was a master of Sith Alchemy and other dark arts. Kun usually did things for one of two reasons: to prove a point, or to grab some bit of knowledge that would make him more powerful. If not for the Jedi he would have unleashed his spirit upon the galaxy and wreaked havoc.

3. Unlike most Sith Lords who let their emotions, arrogance, or lust for power get the better of them Kun was patient and devious much like Palpatine four millenia later. He destroyed an entire star cluster in order to grab as much knowledge from a Jedi library while they were busy escaping. He also warned Ulic Qel-Droma against attacking Coruscant. Kun isn't likely to enter a battle without having a decisive advantage. The only reason he was beaten was because Ulic couldn't hack it as a Sith and betrayed his location to the Jedi.

Right, and the Emperor did not have any knowledge when it came to sith alchemy and the dark arts. He only performed the most complex sith ritual that was EVER attempted and as a result made himself immortal. Also, he did not have any skills when it came to manipulation and political prowess... Wait, what? I thought he managed to create most powerful Empire to ever exist. Guess I misunderstood something.

Get your facts straight and read what I wrote few posts above. :rolleyes:

Edited by Deviss

Right, and the Emperor did not have any knowledge when it came to sith alchemy and the dark arts. He only performed the most complex sith ritual that was EVER attempted and as a result made himself immortal. Also, he did not have any skills when it came to manipulation and political prowess... Wait, what? I thought he managed to create most powerful Empire to ever exist. Guess I misunderstood something.

Get your facts straight and read what I wrote few posts above. :rolleyes:

I don't think he created the most powerful Empire...

if thats canon, then the SE of the TOR better do something thats better than what the GE accomplished.

Well, look at it this way.

The Emperor created his empire from literally nothing. He had a handfull of broke people. He managed to organize them and lead them towards forming the new Empire that was equal to the thousands years old Republic or even more powerful than it.

Sidous on the other hand infiltrated the Republic from within and managed to reform it into his own Empire.

Which feat is greater? This depends on your point of view, totally subjective.

Edited by Deviss

Well, look at it this way.

The Emperor created his empire from literally nothing. He had a handfull of broke people. He managed to organize them and lead them towards forming the new Empire that was equal to the thousands years old Republic or even more powerful than it.

Sidous on the other hand infiltrated the Republic from within and managed to reform it into his own Empire.

What feat is greater? This depends on your point of view, totally subjective.

Sidious joined the Republic with no allies other than friendly houses from Alderaan that needed help from the Trade Federation. He was a senator and became the Supreme Chancellor in a short time, and then managed to convince the entire Senate to give him emergency powers. Then he convinced the Senate to hate the Jedi and then he destroyed the Jedi.

Then he created the Death Star, Massive Star Destroyer Fleets and conquered.. basically the entire galaxy. And he did so much more with the imperialization of the galaxy.

Then when the New Republic was about to announce Victory Palps returned and managed to make the most powerful jedi ever his new apprentice. And was about to obiliterate an entire fleet with his force storm but was then destroyed by Luke and his sister.

You cockmunch! Use the spoiler tags!