Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Instant abilities

Gobrot

Can you actually make them instant and not after x amount of time NOT waiting on animation?

Nothing worse then using an ability then having to wait for animation to trigger only to find you have been knocked back and then the so called instant spell goes off, please for the love of god make it exactly what it's supposed to be i.e. INSTANT

Edited by Gobrot

Can you actually make them instant and not after x amount of time NOT waiting on animation?

Nothing worse then using an ability then having to wait for animation to trigger only to find you have been knocked back and then the so called instant spell goes off, please for the love of god make it exactly what it's supposed to be i.e. INSTANT

It is called latency, every mmo has had this, instant is never instant. Want it instant hook up directly to the servers.

This is something that BW cannot fix it, SOE couldn't, Blizz couldn't etc....

:)

my observation on my shadow (although didn't play it since 1.1b)

1. you press the Project key, the target life decrease instantly as if the damage has been applied

2. the avatar undergo an animation, picking a rock and throwing it, the Damage Text appear on landing, which may happen 1 seconde later.

It was confusing to me at first, i get used to it i guess. as long as the affect/damage is applied instantly, i can deal with delayed Damage Text on screen to match the animation.

Edited by Vankris

Agreed. So sick of "ravage" having to totally finish the f'ing animation before I can even move or do anything else. If it says INSTANT, when I push that ability I want the game to STOP whatever it is I am doing and do that INSTANT ability.

This is especially so with using "disruption", I don't want to wait for some other stupid animation to complete before I interrupt. It is an INSTANT for a reason, make it so, BioWare.

It is called latency, every mmo has had this, instant is never instant. Want it instant hook up directly to the servers.

No it's not called latency, its called waiting for damn animation before anything happens.

latency would depict a high or relatively high ping but since my ping is round 35 it's not that.

do not confuse the 2.

No it's not called latency, its called waiting for damn animation before anything happens.

latency would depict a high or relatively high ping but since my ping is round 35 it's not that.

do not confuse the 2.

Okay now I see and apologize, however never had this issue.

LOL, is the OP trying to convince me that swtor instant abilities. By the way, instants in the Blizz game may be subject to latency, but they feel instant and the latency delay is usually well below perceptable.

Okay now I see and apologize, however never had this issue.

No, Listen..

YOU HAVE HAD THIS ISSUE, this isn't an issue that effects some play clients and no others. Some people don't magically don't have this ability delay and others do.

It effects you, but you don't play at a skill high enough to see such a delay. Try running and casting an instant cast spell in WoW, it goes off 100% of the time. Try the same in Swtor and it doesn't work.

Yes swinging a sword takes no time at all and even less time to return to a set position.

And hitting someone with the butt of your gun as well.

Believe it or not it takes time to do these things.

That is why there are animations for them.

So sorry you have to wait for them to complete.

I am really beginning to loathe the word instant.

Oh boy, good luck with this thread... I support the OP here. "Some" instants still don't feel quite instant due to Animation/Sound and Effect Sync to Keypres/Input but good luck with this one...

Inb4....

1) I don't have the issue

2) It's not WoW

3) Adapt

4) l2p

5) Go back to WoW

6) Hardcore vs. Casual

7) Shut up its being fixed

8) Random Bioware praise

9) WoW has/had same issue now/at launch

10) WoW sucks...

etc.

Yes swinging a sword takes no time at all and even less time to return to a set position.

And hitting someone with the butt of your gun as well.

Believe it or not it takes time to do these things.

That is why there are animations for them.

So sorry you have to wait for them to complete.

I am really beginning to loathe the word instant.

I agree with this person. I understand where the OP is coming from as you would think instant is instant, but IRL anything you do takes time to complete.

I've noticed this a couple of times, but hasn't caused any frustration yet. I'm sorry if it is causing it for you, but it seems to make sense to me that not all "instant" abilities are really instant. Maybe it should be renamed "not channeled"?

Sorry op, I do see where you are coming from even if I don't see a viable fix to it.

I agree with this person. I understand where the OP is coming from as you would think instant is instant, but IRL anything you do takes time to complete.

I've noticed this a couple of times, but hasn't caused any frustration yet. I'm sorry if it is causing it for you, but it seems to make sense to me that not all "instant" abilities are really instant. Maybe it should be renamed "not channeled"?

Sorry op, I do see where you are coming from even if I don't see a viable fix to it.

If it is not instant, shouldn't it have a cast time then?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.