Requires two lightsabers...

Kellindell

So you start the game with a vibroblade and can use all your skills just fine. Before I invest in modding 2 of them out for my sent, I was curious. Can we use vibroblades in place of sabers and still have access to all of our skills?

Ive seen consulars doing it, but I assumed its because they never swing that thing and only cast.

Can we do it or does it gimp us heavily?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/lastdarkness/Screenshot_2012-01-24_10_23_23_842914.jpg

Duel Orange, fully customised vibro-blades. Same stats as lightsabers and I can use all of my skills with no penalty.

I also dont have the saber sounds, or glow sticks giving my position and class away in pvp.

I think your reading into something a little too much literaly.

Edited by LastDarkness

Never thought of the visibility aspect of the vibro blade being a benefit but after your PvP explanation that is a very good point. Now let me ask, when you sheath the vbroblades are they on your back or on either side of your hip like the saber hilts?

The vibroblades sheath animation is bugged.

When sheathed only 1 appears across your back, when sheathing/unsheathing your character animates as if he pulling both from across his shoulders but only the right (main hand) one is ever visasble.

As for pvp I blend in better and look like a jedi tank. Thats the point, to look as bland, and a lower priority target as possible. It can give you a advantage in many situations in pvp.

Unfortunetly the only orange(custom) blades ive ever seen are from Coruscant commendations. But it can be gotten as early as level 16.

The lightsaber is the symbol of the jedi knight, though ancient designs detail vibroblade construction. A choice between the two defines skill that will change with you as a sentinel.

Sentinel's usually seek to master many physical disciplines as any physical adept, though this is not the only factor about the flow of combat to a sentinel. As you change, as you fight, you do not fight alone. That is part of what it means to be a jedi knight. Your focus determines your reality, at least in part.

It is as important to tune your equipment, as it is to learn how to do so. It is not about strength.

The lightsaber is the symbol of the jedi knight, though ancient designs detail vibroblade construction. A choice between the two defines skill that will change with you as a sentinel.

Sentinel's usually seek to master many physical disciplines as any physical adept, though this is not the only factor about the flow of combat to a sentinel. As you change, as you fight, you do not fight alone. That is part of what it means to be a jedi knight. Your focus determines your reality, at least in part.

It is as important to tune your equipment, as it is to learn how to do so. It is not about strength.

I think you were looking for the RP forums.

Those are ------> that way

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/lastdarkness/Screenshot_2012-01-24_10_23_23_842914.jpg

Duel Orange, fully customised vibro-blades. Same stats as lightsabers and I can use all of my skills with no penalty.

I also dont have the saber sounds, or glow sticks giving my position and class away in pvp.

I think your reading into something a little too much literaly.

Except you cant get expertise on vibro-sticks and they look terrible!

I'll never understand people who wanna use Vibro Blades.. /shrug to each his own I guess.

RP if you want to play a weapon master or a non jedi force user, not using lightsabers gets that point across with a visual glance instead of having to explain it all the time.

Also in PvP it makes you stand out less. Sentinels are pretty flashy fighters and light armored melee, makes them desirable targets for range.