The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech PVP build

LordPorkins

This is my planned build for a DPS powertech (8,8,25). I haven't read any guides or forums, this is all my own work.

I have forgone thermal detonator to add some flexibility. I would prefer a bit more mobility but hey ho.

I would appreciate some thoughts.

If it is nonsense, I would prefer to know now!

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::fef5ef5ef6efe2f11ef3e6fef4efefe2:

This is what I run with...

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::fdf11ef6efef12ef3e5f2e2fe3fe4:

I would recommend Gyroscopic alignment jets over Rapid Venting for a couple reasons.

1. Heat isn't a big issue with this spec to begin with

2. There is a crazy amount of cc in this game, so you will get refunded heat without having to push a button to get it, makes it much easier.

I also feel thermal detonator is a necessity in this build, it gives you so much more potential at ranged. There are so many situations where you are chasing someone, or when someone is above you where you will find yourself wishing you had more ranged damage to dish out.

Energy Rebounder is great for survivability, you should use your energy shield whenever you can, it is extremely helpful.

hmmm. I was hoping to do without thermal detonator. It requires pointsinking the pyrotech tree and some abilities dont really seem worth it.

What talents are you referring to? All the talents I have add to either my crit chance and or damage output of all the abilities I use consistently.

The only talent you dont have in your build that you would need to get thermal detonator is burnout, which is a great talent for pvp.

At first I believed that avoiding TD was the way to go. However after some testing of different specs I have changed my mind. TD is huge in the Pyro spec. The biggest reason for this is the fact that it can hit nearly as hard as a railshot. When you can hit this hard with RS, TD, RP(Is also very strong) and then have your dots hit harder when the player is under 30% health players will die.

Our classes strength is in our hard hitting single target abilities as well as our couple of good aoe abilities. We may not hit as hard as operatives do but our sustained damage over time is much higher. And that is what makes us a bigger threat.