Mara's are fine. If your having issues come here to ask questions and avoid these QQ

Warlordomega

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a lvl 50 Mara and have been around since Beta. What became obvious to me is that at 50 the requirement for gear is much higher in PvP than for most other classes. The class gets fun when you have about 13500 HP (with obvious gear choices in champion, tionese, or columni sets) and gets great around 14800 HP. At these points your dmg and ability to take hits far outweighs our inability to CC.

I see the class as sort of "outlast avoid dmg while soaking up CCs" rather than a "CC and then burn down 1 before turning to another" type of class. As melee gear matter more than those who can sit back out of the fray.

My 2 cents.

EDIT: I've tried all three specs at 50 and find carnage to be the most fun with the highest dps output. No number crunching to back me up, but the feel seems alot more reliable than stacking Force Choke and crit guarantee slams..

Edited by Slagard

a class balanced around being maximum level and having elite gear is an asburd notion,

especially to those of us that can only play on a casual level but are no less skilled than

those with much more free time on their hands. i don't think I have to explain why

I am a bit annoyed with the apologists that keep using the same talking points about being max level and max geared

Edited by HBninjaX

If Marauders had stun, they would be worse than Operatives are atm.

Champion geared carnage marauder can do 4-5k force screams easily if gore is on.

with help of trinkets/adrenals/bloodthirst you can probably do around 6k or more on same level light/medium armor users.

With Ravage alone you can blast 6-10k damage.

With lets say 3 sec stun, you could do full duratio ravage and follow it up with force scream after the stuns broken, naturally if you have some sense you use gore before stunning, only thing thats left for your opponent is to pray that his trinket isnt on cooldown.

Atm im playing annihilation as i like to carry the ball and run 80% faster for 20 seconds.

I cant see Marauders having any problems being kited, Sure snipers have a lot of **** but so do we, if you get knockbacked to hell, you can pop predation and run as fast as mounted guy.

If you get rooted and some ranged is casting some megabig *** blast on your face, you can always force camo and charge/predation run on him after the roots have stopped.

You see this is why the game needs a friggin combat log. I am (I can assure you) full champion gear I'm missing 1 piece from the entire set. The highest Force Scream crit as Carnage with Gore up that I have ever gotten was about 4.1k and that was prior to the 50's only bracket. Now? I'm lucky if it hits for 3.5k... your numbers are so friggin wrong and inflated it's unbelievable. Even with Adrenal's and stims it doesn't hit the numbers you are claiming. It's crap posts like this with bs information that makes it take so long for a company to fix and balance a class. As for Ravage it does maybe... MAYBE 5-6k for it's duration. In PvP 90% of the time they are out of range (even with the snare) prior to the duration finishing. Meaning it really ends up doing 3-4k most of the time.

Clearly your numbers are either complete BS, or you are level 49 with the best gear you can possibly have hitting level 11's.

Seriously, if the only way you people can justify that the class isn't broken is by making up numbers just don't bother posting.

As for Predation yea sure, it's a fun ability. Your statement of "if you get knockbacked to hell, you can pop predation and run as fast as mounted guy" is just as much BS as your numbers were though. You get knocked off a ramp in Huttball you aren't running all the back up to the ramp from down on the bottom from that spell. Hell, even after a knockback and I force charge half the time I'm charging into their stun. So yea knockback, predation, get to them stun. Now I'm left with 3 seconds left on the speed boost. It leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of the knockbacks have a built in snare or root. Predation does not break either of those. I'm not saying it's useless but it isn't the cure all that you make it out to be.

Why so mad :rolleyes:

Yeh, it doesnt actually xoxo

sir i have to say you were right about anni... played it int he late 30's was pretty decent but at 50 i see so much out of it... my anni's hit so hard and my bleeds do mor ethan keep me alive its like i have more time to judge when to pop my cd's due to al the heals.

a class balanced around being maximum level and having elite gear is an asburd notion,

especially to those of us that can only play on a casual level but are no less skilled than

those with much more free time on their hands. i don't think I have to explain why

I am a bit annoyed with the apologists that keep using the same talking points about being max level and max geared

Are you talking about pvp or pve?

In PVE It's totally balanced, but no matter which class you play, you have to make sure you and your companion are geared up correctly. If not, then you won't succeed, it's really that simple.

In PVP, I can't comment on that since I don't pvp.

I dont see how. You can hit a stunned person, you cant hit a feared person. Generally in a group PvP scenario, people will break your AoE fear passively

i dont agree witht his i agree with the original poster. becaus eif u have 2-3 ppl vs yourself which does happen u can get your fear off thats mitigated dmg while u solo one target and if played correctly you can have him burned by the time the cc wears off. at that point its a 1v2 and if you time cd's right its an easy win. if your anni it makes it that much easier as u get both targets to bleed and the self heals own