No longer gaining purple mats?

Gibbage

I have a lvl 35 Imp Agent with 3 companions. The crew skills are Arms, Scavenging and investigation. For as long as I can remember, farming "Rich" missions would often give me purple mats (ceraglass, laminasteel and such). For some reason, I can no longer gain purple mats from my crew skills!

I know what your thinking "just bad luck" but its been a WEEK so far, and I have had all 3 farming rares since and NOT ONCE have I gotten a purple mat from any of them (Kaliyo, Vector, and 2V-R8). I was making good money making purple barrel's and selling them in the GMK, but I havent been able to make a single purple item since this hit me. I know there are strings of bad luck, but I send all 3 out AT LEAST 3 times a day, 7 days a week. Thats WELL over 60 "rich yeald" missions and not a single rare back? Thats pushing the limits of bad luck!!!

Is there anyone who is experiencing similar difficulty's in finding purple materials recently?

Hmmm... well I can't back up what I'm about to say with cold, hard facts as I've not done the proper clinical testing; but to me, it seems that the purple gains from high level crew missions are around 1 in 20ish.

I think you've been having a case of the mylucksucks-itis. It will change. Keep plugging away. You'll probably get a run of 3 or 4 straight to make up for it. Life's like that isn't it? :)

Edited by Rekkx

At crafting mats lvl3 and 4 i have hit the wall of bad luck as far as purple components go (Diplomacy skill) and have accumulated a few hundred of blue quality components. After snooping around on the forums i found that we are not alone with this blight. The solution is purple missions for your gathering skill.

I have a lvl 35 Imp Agent with 3 companions. The crew skills are Arms, Scavenging and investigation. For as long as I can remember, farming "Rich" missions would often give me purple mats (ceraglass, laminasteel and such). For some reason, I can no longer gain purple mats from my crew skills!

I know what your thinking "just bad luck" but its been a WEEK so far, and I have had all 3 farming rares since and NOT ONCE have I gotten a purple mat from any of them (Kaliyo, Vector, and 2V-R8). I was making good money making purple barrel's and selling them in the GMK, but I havent been able to make a single purple item since this hit me. I know there are strings of bad luck, but I send all 3 out AT LEAST 3 times a day, 7 days a week. Thats WELL over 60 "rich yeald" missions and not a single rare back? Thats pushing the limits of bad luck!!!

Is there anyone who is experiencing similar difficulty's in finding purple materials recently?

It was nerfed with the 1.1 patch. I actually DID do a lot of testing and found that not only are they returning purples less, but when we get purples, there are less OF them.

I'm seeing about a 28% difference from before and after. Meaning, they crit 28% less on missions. And they bring back over 50% less materials when they do bring them back.