Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Nerf Sorc's or this will happen.

CommandoPower

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit crying a Tank hits more than a Sorc now. This is a *** Clown that doesn't know how to play. You have gear then you do more damage. It's the gear that need to be looked at. Take away all CC's in the game and you have a good game.

Depends, if your tank spec but DPS gear you might can inconsistantly. If your DPS spec and DPS gear you likely can. If your Tank spec and Tank gear then the sorc would have to be bad bad bad. OF COURSE, in any DPS spec a tank really ceases to be a tank. They can get pretty squishy in DPS builds. Though there are a few, IMO imbalanced CD related damage mitigation abilities available to DPS trees. I believe this is specific to guardian/juggy.

But lets not just look at DPS numbers possible. Guardians/Juggy's are melee range tanks. As such they do melee damage and are subject to kiting/snaring/kb as a viable form of damage mitigation far beyond a ranged class. Server lag is also far worse on them.

Vanguards/Powertechs meanwhile either do a damage over time spec, same as sorc, but more mobile, or a hybridish jack of all trades DPS spec that sprinkles some more melee in.

One thing they cannot do though regardless is heal OR Crowd Control near as well. They can taunt, which helps some. They can guard, if they switch out of their DPS stance, which is very very situational indeed for a DPS spec. But they don't have bubbles, healing, or the anything close to the same amount of CC.

They also do not have anywhere near the mobility.

Remember, the issue with sorc's isn't that they dominate any one area. It's that they have so much in a single package. I'm sure many tanks would trade their very slight damage advantage for your bag of tricks.

So you kill bad Sorcs fairly easily but have trouble with good Sorcs?

Assuming you are an average to good player, I fail to see the problem.

Take another gander, I said that with classes that are the scissors to their paper...when they are distracted or otherwise ignoring me, they feel perfectly fine :). I kill them easily. But that's bias from catching them with one of their best counters in favorable situations. Granted I set up those favorable situations a decent amount of the time but if they see me and we start on even ground my gunslinger is going to be toast instead of toasting them.

I'm wise enough to realize that me starting fights in unfair situations against them and doing well is a HORRIBLE way to judge their balance :). To properly attempt to gauge their balance takes long amounts of observation of their impact on fights as well as their ability to take care of themselves and kill or at least live if it comes down to a 1 on 1.

Well, I don't know how it is on anyone's server but my own, but on Repub side on my server the most overplayed class is the Jedi Guardian (juggernaut) and it is absolute suicide if you are in a warzone with more than 2 guardians. You just will not win. I'm talking the 50s bracket too mind you so this mature late thing, while true, does not mean that Guardians mature into the same level as other classes. It can guard well. . . but if that's your basis for thinking they would dominate if overplayed you're just wrong. I'm sure many other republic servers have masses of Guardians as well and can back me up on how useless stacking guardians actually is.

I'm not talking about stacking guardians/juggy's. I'm talking about stacking guardians/juggys and sorcs/sages. IE it would be all dps/healer and tank/dps hybrids. Both are in around the same boat on sustained mid to high range DPS (with the exception of the *** force sweep builds), and the survivability of the team as a whole would be phenomenal.

They don't really suffer the normal problem with tank/healer heavy teams at high levels. That of a completely lack of damage. They don't lack damage by any means, it's just sustained and not heavy burst (again excepting that one build).

Even if you were to argue the sorcs/sages would be taken out they would be back to the battle quickly and the guardians/juggy's would pretty much just battle rage unless they received zero support from their team members.

Additionally with the severe amounts of roots/snares/cc the melee issue would be far far far lesser and the other team would be more or less perma-snared/rooted.

Edited by CommandoPower

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.