Commando mirror class of Merc? Not sure ..

BobBarnsen

I have a 50 merc myself but curently play a bit with my low level toon.

How can the commando be the mirror of merc, when it seems he is so much better in every way?

I mean they can heal up EASILY FOREVER against 2 or maybe 3 people attacking them..

He just spams his heals and doesn't run out of ammo.

I wouldn't be able to do this with my merc without overheating oO

Also they take MUCH less damage. Like they have the defense of a vanguard / powertech.

And they didn't always had their shield up.

I have a 50 merc myself but curently play a bit with my low level toon.

How can the commando be the mirror of merc, when it seems he is so much better in every way?

I mean they can heal up EASILY FOREVER against 2 or maybe 3 people attacking them..

He just spams his heals and doesn't run out of ammo.

I wouldn't be able to do this with my merc without overheating oO

Also they take MUCH less damage. Like they have the defense of a vanguard / powertech.

And they didn't always had their shield up.

A properly specced Commando/Merc healer can heal virtually indefinitely without worrying about ammo/heat. Starting at about 26 or 27 you can have 3 skill points into Field Triage/Critical Efficiency which virtually eliminates ammo/heat issues. Both Merc and Commando have the same healing trees, so you if you're healing on your BH and you have heat issues I think you may have misplaced some points.

The defense difference you mention could just be a gear difference with the troopers you're seeing.

the only difference between Commando/Merc is the granularity of our resource allocation and the fact that the trooper animation for mortar volley is bugged and causing dmg delays and full auto aint doing full cycle when taking incoming dmg. Edited by Notannos
rude