Marksmanship: If (target == Heavy Armor or in Stasis Shield) then run?

michaelra

Since we (Marksmanship spec) are designed to obliterate light to medium armor targets, does it mean that we should just run or pick a different target if they are on heavy? I find it hard to kill those Commandos

Another thing I hate is also the Statis Shield..they are tough to break and since most of our skills take a few seconds, I felt like it was a waste of energy + time to see the bullet being "Absorbed"

Is there any skill good for these situations? (apart from taking that 20% mitigates armor skills and a DOT we get on early levels)

Edited by michaelra

Lethality builds obliterate these classes, if they are your main concern. I don't personally recommend giving up your ability to melt through consulars/shadows though, given the popularity of those classes.

If it's a one on one fight, you can simply control them with leg shots, cover pulse, and the knockback attached to ambush (heavy shot, is it?) You pretty much always have some kind of control ability off cooldown with a marksman build. It will take longer to chew through their health, but in the end you are mitigating an equal or higher amount of their lower damage output through shield probe, evasion, kiting tactics, and the flat defense bonus of cover in the case of troopers.

If you're talking about DPS troopers/commandos, simply land your interrupts, and keep 'em drenched in green-smoke whenever you can. Since they need to spam one attack five tims in a row, you dramatically lower their DPS whenever you land your interrupt. It's counter intuitive, but you actually have access to more of your tools if you make this fight a shorter range-one... I'm talking about cover pulse as an interrupt, debilitate, and heavy shot as an interrupt in particular. Fight just above 30m to stop their attacks from reaching you, or fight under 10m to gain greater access to your tools. Don't fight at medium range.

Best answer ever! :) I do like how we get a few interrupt abilities (to either run away or further pushing them away so we can do more shots before the melee attackers reach us again)

After you do a leg shot, what ability is best to be used? I normally quickly went into cover and did a snipe (but I'm pretty sure it takes more than 2 secs so the target gets released too quickly)

Try not to engage 1on1 (you have enough disables to delay the fight until you get assistance). Top priority is interrupting tracer missile (screws up their rotation big time). The big problem is when they start to LoS you so staying close is a valid option. Marksman builds can still hurt them a lot, it's just slower compared to ripping a light/medium armored enemy.