Help!!!

SilentumX

Now that Bioware has put up server forums, what can I do with swtorpad.com

Any suggestions would really really be appreciated. i thought about a place for palyers to post their RL pictures but I can see that getting abused and making the db to large.

Maybe a portal where all the fan sites can be listed? idk, I jsut want it to provide our community with a service.

Ideas?

Find a niche.

Think about how other game sites worked.

Theorycrafting is a big one, and sithwarrior.com is grossly inadequate right now (lots of assertions, little math).

MMO-Champion got big just by reading patch notes to people. I mean, people really are that lazy. You could probably start re-posting and interpreting the dev-tracker for people at get hits that way.

game needa a better database site than torheads woefully inadequate cut and paste job (and atm it needs to be done through manual input like thottbot back in the day)

image previews (gear customization is a big deal in this game), accurate vendor lists, fan site listings, theory crafting, build guides, boss tactics all that jazz.

pick something and run with it.

atm what should be simple things like finding out who sells what speeder (and finding out what they all look like) or finding out exactly when you get another companion (and who and what they are) are undocumented and a pain in the backside.

Edited by Sleekit

Tell me more about Theory Crafting. You guys have great suggestions. Anyone have the talent to implement? My site is a Linux Businass package and I usually write straight html so all the new stuff and interactive db stuff is a learning curve but Im willing to learn if it fills a need for us.

I am sad that crafting isnt like SWG, I loved the fact that resources spawned one time only to never repeate and you had to really get into it to become an uber server crafter. My guild was known for its warez. In this game so far it seems to me that anyone who grinds crafting up to 400 (which I have on many toons) can put out the sam quality stuff and therefore you cannot make a name for yourself. Am I wrong? Should I move that quastion to another forum?