Premades.. Seriously?

Audigy

The smart thing to be asking for would be balanced expertise between the two teams, so experienced players are going against other experienced players where possible. Not trying to discourage teamwork. This is a MMO, you are expected to make friends and work as a team.

Mind you, with such low level 50 populations at the moment, any such matchmaking is a fair way off. Most battlemasters will migrate to rated battlegrounds when they are implemented anyway.

Also I dont understand why Republic keep babbling on about 'Battlemasters'. I sincerely doubt anyone has anything close to a full set, let alone a full group of them. Even people with the battlemaster title would have to be extremely lucky to have a decent amount of battlemaster gear. Chances are that you just got owned by a bunch of centurions / champions, but you want to make yourself look less wimpy.

Edited by Daeth

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Punish players for having/making friends!

its usually 2 or 3 players who dominate in those premades and a good portion of the rest kinda just leach from those players support them sometimes and get to ride the coat tales, it has little to do with friends lol. Girls make friends with people who are power in association so they can feel powerful too. This has a lot to do with that kind of thing.

A blowup doll is not a real girlfriend.

PS anyone who runs in a premade that is defending not making a premade bracket is bad and everyone knows it because you need that group advantage to compensate for your fail.

Or they like playing with people you know and like winning. Most people like winning. You probably haven't experienced enough of it in life to know if you enjoy it.

Someday some devs are going to figure out that premades and pugs don't belong in the same matches. And that will be the game I play. Until then, unfortunately, we have this mess and a whole lot of other MMO messes. People get mad, they get whiny, they get bored, they mistake coordinated teams for classes that need nerfs, they quit matches, they bot, and they afk.

Standard MMO fare. But someday it will be looked upon as the failed and ridiculous system it is.

People can form groups instead of pugging. It's very easy to chat up the people that PvP in your games and see if they want to form a set group. Comm programs are dime a dozen and free, no reason not to have one.

These games used to be about socializing and forming groups to tackle something you can't do on your own. There is no need to change the game to make queue times longer for everyone just because playing solo causes you to lose to people that are playing the way the game was designed.

Wrong it's not about socializing it's more challenging to play against human players then computer controlled.

And you take for granted people have the time to form groups, I don't unless it's the weekend so I pug mostly during the weekdays since I'm on and off so much with my family.

Not to mention all you premade defenders are just *********** idiots trying to defend your fail skills at pvp. Here's the big kicker a premade usually balances the group for stacking buffs and synergy between the classes where a pug premade is going to be a lot harder to do not to mention when you play with the same people for months/years you know what they are going to do and how they are going to do it so you can maximize your positioning and next moves.

So quit trying to defend not making a premade only bracket.

Someday some devs are going to figure out that premades and pugs don't belong in the same matches. And that will be the game I play. Until then, unfortunately, we have this mess and a whole lot of other MMO messes. People get mad, they get whiny, they get bored, they mistake coordinated teams for classes that need nerfs, they quit matches, they bot, and they afk.

Standard MMO fare. But someday it will be looked upon as the failed and ridiculous system it is.

agreed

Some day a great game will come out that's similar to pre-tram Ultima and I will enjoy killing you all and taking every item you own and griefing your corpse.

I feel that it's truly not funny always wiping against premade guilds, i would like to play, not, being a premade toy, i don't want to become a pro-nerd joining a premade guild whispering to a mic all night long just to make a daily quest.

Tonight, 12 tries, 2 won, i'm not a pro, i'm not geared, but i'm a player who wants to take it easy and have some fun.

I don't have all the day to spend trying, you are a pro? good, make a premade, go fighting in the deities league, get an exclusive pro tier designed by lucas, but let common people have fun.

You are a premade? you go playing premade league, i'm a noob, let me play game and have FUN.

Put a flag on the interface , assemble "join as group" only with "join as group" people, but, please, let me have fun, i'm also paying for this, i wanna pew pew and play baby jedi, let me have it.

Edited by Paralassa
content

i agree, pug and premade do not play the same game, they do not even play the same sport

The only place where premades might have an edge on non premades is on Alderran, if the premades went with the abandon middile plan, and absolutely no one on the opposing side has ever seen it before, it could be an instant GG.

Of course, if anyone on the other side has seen it before and took the initiative to counter it (swarm your closer turret immediately), this generally results in an instant loss for the premades assuming they're not so strong to just deathmatch their way to victory since if the side using that strat fail to get both side turrets, they're essentially playing the game with a 100 point handicap.

People can form groups instead of pugging. It's very easy to chat up the people that PvP in your games and see if they want to form a set group. Comm programs are dime a dozen and free, no reason not to have one.

These games used to be about socializing and forming groups to tackle something you can't do on your own. There is no need to change the game to make queue times longer for everyone just because playing solo causes you to lose to people that are playing the way the game was designed.

Yes, they were and I was there on a call list for avatars, it was a great time when reputation mattered, being well known as a cheater, bad player or theif assured you a life of rerolling or playing by yourself.

fast forward to today and this doesnt exist anymore, instead of challenging content with interesting encounters we have a story/movie/free loot game where everyone gets a taste of everything.

I'm not interested in finding a few people on my server who actually care about hwo they are perceived in a game as I once was and due to the majority also not giving a **** about it then times have changed.

If you want to premake wz's then more power to you, but you should be facing others who premake too, I can only assume you premake to play with likeminded players who are searching for a challenge.

You wont find it against a pug and if you do then god help you guys cause you will get roflstomped by any serious premade, but then will how to play your class and gain some insight on the other classes as well because you will have to.

Wrong it's not about socializing it's more challenging to play against human players then computer controlled.

And you take for granted people have the time to form groups, I don't unless it's the weekend so I pug mostly during the weekdays since I'm on and off so much with my family.

Not to mention all you premade defenders are just *********** idiots trying to defend your fail skills at pvp. Here's the big kicker a premade usually balances the group for stacking buffs and synergy between the classes where a pug premade is going to be a lot harder to do not to mention when you play with the same people for months/years you know what they are going to do and how they are going to do it so you can maximize your positioning and next moves.

So quit trying to defend not making a premade only bracket.

Name calling is unnecessary, it should be beneath you.

But I pug all day long, unless I want to get serious, then I form groups. It's more about playing the game as it is designed, for a group and do your best...don't get discouraged when you lose. And don't ask the developers to change the game to make it longer for everyone to get into warzones. Losing is not that big of a deal, take the loses with the wins and have fun. If you can't have fun even if you lose, it's your problem, not the games.

Some day a great game will come out that's similar to pre-tram Ultima and I will enjoy killing you all and taking every item you own and griefing your corpse.

Of course you will enjoy it, its not like you can compete against other good players cause if you did then you wouldnt have to do that.

Yes, they were and I was there on a call list for avatars, it was a great time when reputation mattered, being well known as a cheater, bad player or theif assured you a life of rerolling or playing by yourself.

fast forward to today and this doesnt exist anymore, instead of challenging content with interesting encounters we have a story/movie/free loot game where everyone gets a taste of everything.

I'm not interested in finding a few people on my server who actually care about hwo they are perceived in a game as I once was and due to the majority also not giving a **** about it then times have changed.

If you want to premake wz's then more power to you, but you should be facing others who premake too, I can only assume you premake to play with likeminded players who are searching for a challenge.

You wont find it against a pug and if you do then god help you guys cause you will get roflstomped by any serious premade, but then will how to play your class and gain some insight on the other classes as well because you will have to.

Actually it does exist in todays game. It's just people do not want to do it, for those that do, they reap the rewards. The game is fine as it is, people need to get over this fear of losing. No need to change the game, make it harder on everyone, just to please people that cannot deal with losing.

Actually it does exist in todays game. It's just people do not want to do it, for those that do, they reap the rewards. The game is fine as it is, people need to get over this fear of losing. No need to change the game, make it harder on everyone, just to please people that cannot deal with losing.

Again, I'm fine with losing or being demolished by a superior player who knows his class well and knows mine better than I do because when he stomps my face in I see what he did and I learn from it.

I'm not fine with being stomped by 8 people who blindly press 1-3 while riding each others coat-tails because I learn nothing from the encounter, I will leave this scenario more often then not and punishing me for doing so when those players should be in their own bracket being stomped by player A in his premade is a disgrace.

Its bad enough they enjoy the experience while being clueless to anything on their hotbar outside of the color of the icons or any idea of whats happening around them or god forbid a basic understanding of other classes.

Get your own queue and enjoy the learning experience imo.

Again, I'm fine with losing or being demolished by a superior player who knows his class well and knows mine better than I do because when he stomps my face in I see what he did and I learn from it.

I'm not fine with being stomped by 8 people who blindly press 1-3 while riding each others coat-tails because I learn nothing from the encounter, I will leave this scenario more often then not and punishing me for doing so when those players should be in their own bracket being stomped by player A in his premade is a disgrace.

Its bad enough they enjoy the experience while being clueless to anything on their hotbar outside of the color of the icons or any idea of whats happening around them or god forbid a basic understanding of other classes.

Get your own queue and enjoy the learning experience imo.

Looks like we've come full circle here.

I can't wish you luck in trying to get the game changed, but I can salute you for a nice discussion. We can disagree on it and no harm done.

/salute.

Actually it does exist in todays game. It's just people do not want to do it, for those that do, they reap the rewards. The game is fine as it is, people need to get over this fear of losing. No need to change the game, make it harder on everyone, just to please people that cannot deal with losing %80-%90 of their matches.

Fixed your post to reflect the problem more accurately.

Of course you will enjoy it, its not like you can compete against other good players cause if you did then you wouldnt have to do that.

Iseewhatudidther

Actually, I seem to be a member of a dying breed. A dyed in the wool PK. I'm sure there are people who could beat me in a fair fight, but you won't ever get one out of me. I'll admit, I do *NOT* like to lose and I'll do just about anything to get an advantage.

That being said; I stomp plenty of people and have stomped plenty of people throughout my long MMO career who were considered absolutely top players. I compete juuuuuuuuuust fine!

If you don't believe me I play on The Bastion as Lok'looth and I'm waiting.