[QUESTION] Reverse Engineering blue schematic?

ZingFreelancer

I have this schematic as base item and am uncertain of Reverse Engineering it.

I understand well how reverse engineering work when you use a green item as base, but what happens when you use blue item as base?

I've already discovered Overkill, Critical and Redoubt purple schematic of TH-15A Corpsman Boots, would reverse engineering give me Expert or Endowed versions?

Is it worth it?

Yes. The Reverse Engineering Guide stickied at the top of this forum covers reverse engineering base items to higher levels. The purples will RE into better purples. In fact, the link you provided shows those better items under the 'Variations' section.

If its worth it... that's up to you, you'll be using a lot of purple crafting mats to do it.

Edited by SeppTB

Hmmm, I dont think I will attempt this experiment.

The resulting item should be super awesome, but its kinda not, at least I get this feeling after obtaining several prefix 2 purples from green base item. Taking in account how unreliable reverse engineering is in general getting tier 2 prefix from a purple schematic seems kinda wasteful to me.

I did it with 2 different items and iIm not really sure if it was worth it; to experiment I started with the blue schematic of TT-14B Crusader Gauntlents and Re'd them to the critical version (purple), it added 1 stat and added more rating, from there I RE'd those to the Tempest version (superior), again it added 1 more stat however the armor rating never changed.

I did this again thinking if it added 1 stat each time my final version of the Med-Tech Power armor would be great, I RE'd the blue recipe (4 stats) to Redoubt (purple) and it had 5 stats, I then RE'd that and ended up with the Exactitude (superior) version. That version ended up with 6 stats but again the armor rating did not change.

Not really sure if it worth it, I suppose a crit would be pretty great but it cost me a hell of a lot of rares to get there.

Oh, and it takes double the rares for the Superior version, 8 promethium is pretty crazy considering they sell for around 15k on my server.

Edited by belamorte

I did it with 2 different items and iIm not really sure if it was worth it; to experiment I started with the blue schematic of TT-14B Crusader Gauntlents and Re'd them to the critical version (purple), it added 1 stat and added more rating, from there I RE'd those to the Tempest version (superior), again it added 1 more stat however the armor rating never changed.

I did this again thinking if it added 1 stat each time my final version of the Med-Tech Power armor would be great, I RE'd the blue recipe (4 stats) to Redoubt (purple) and it had 5 stats, I then RE'd that and ended up with the Exactitude (superior) version. That version ended up with 6 stats but again the armor rating did not change.

Not really sure if it worth it, I suppose a crit would be pretty great but it cost me a hell of a lot of rares to get there.

Exactly what I was afraid of, spending already extremely rare material on something unworthy.

I am studying game design and an avid gamer myself, but looking at TOR's crafting I cannot help but ask myself "What was they really thinking?".