Combat Medic Woes in Hard Modes ....no combat in combat medic

Lorealin

Its amazing none the less :p

With a 4 piece set of Columi its instant. :)

I picked up two pieces of Columi tonight the chest and the gloves and wow are hard modes getting easy now. No deaths just blowing content down.

the Super Cells Charge is simply amazing makes burst healing a snap. you put in your Rakata Medpac for self heals and its getting really fun.

Were seeking to merge and or work with another guild so we can do operations or just wait a week or so and have another 3 more 50s in that we can run operations.

I hope operations are not much more difficult not sure.

Thanks!

Edited by Lorealin

Remember it does no good to mash hammer shot button since it only triggers every 2.5 seconds or so.

As you get more familiar with combat medic the feeling of panic will give way to control and you'll find it easier to intersperse the hammer shots to keep your ammo up and stay near 30 cell stacks.

Also if your fingers/hands hurt there may be some options to look into. When I started swtor I totally changed my binds around based on some tips at http://taugrim.com/2011/04/07/guide-to-strafing-movement-and-keybindings/

If you are, for example, using your left hand to move forward, backward or turn, as well as stafing then your fingers will be VERY Tired trying to hit hammer shot and other keys at the same time as you move around the field. This is especially true in pvp or fast moving flashpoints. You can remove the binds for all but strafe-left and strafe-right and let the mouse do the rest of your movement including a mouse key bound to auto-run-toggle. For me this helps immensely to leave my fingers free to heal in Combat Medic.

It's also easy to tell a simple macro-capable keyboard to repeat pressing hammer shot every 2-3 seconds as you hold the key down or to have it toggle on and off.

Note that flagrant macroing is against the EULA in some way shape or form. Probably in any form but the main point is to avoid people botting.

Edited by KangasCollective

Guess you played alot asian games (la2 etc), where you use mouse to move and it's natural to you. Because it's imposible to me after 15 years WSAD :) And, honestly, i don't have any problem smashing hotkets same time. 1-7, Q, E, F, G, H, X, C, V, T is what i use when playing a tank or healer. And as DPS, you can also bid F1-F6 for some cds, because you don't need to fast select you group members. Actualy i start to thinking about it even as medic. Such games as SW forcing you to use raid frames.

I have been micro managing my gear since I started to get lucky with some pvp gear and have concluded that these are the stat priorities I am sticking with:

Aim > Power > Surge > Crit > Alacrity > Cunning (datacrons)

Depending on the gain/loss of stats this can also be viable:

Aim > Surge > Crit > Alacrity > Power > Cunning (datacrons)

Honestly, the priority system isn't set in stone, because upgrades differ on gear and in some cases these key stats can flip flop around. I'll leave an example at the bottom

My reasoning for the above:

• Aim - gives us a bonus across the board. It may not raise everything as high as one raises a single stat, but the overall bonus beats the single to others.
  • Power - what gives us our heal bonus. If the surge/crit upgrade is much larger than the power I prioritize those first. Depends on my stats and once again the upgrade differences.
  • Surge - the increase your heal will do WHEN it crits. I am rocking some 1.2 mod/enhancements and 1.2 chest and bracers, but even when kolto crits, the person it crits on gets healed for 2k+ and my single target heals for about 5k a crit. (Before my recent upgrades)
  • Crit - if you set your skill tree up right, you should get some good base crit. It usually comes with the gear upgrades, but is useless until about 30%. Once at 30%, don't choose crit over surge or aim/power unless its a much larger upgrade and/or you don't lose too much bonus healing.
  • Alacrity - The extra speed on your casts help when the tank is taking burst damage. It has a low soft cap, so prioritize it lower. It's one of those things where, if you can get it than nice, but don't sacrifice the above stats for it.
  • Cunning - As a Combat Medic we have the privledge of DPSing when we top people off using quick attacks like Mortar Volley and such, cunning raises our base damage by 1 point for every 5 points of cunning. It also raises your critical chance by a SMALL amount. Can't complain about free crit and damage!

Here is an example where Power is dropped lower down the priority list due to the rest of the boosts being much better:

Base Tech before adding earpiece:[/b]

435.6...i.Bonus Healing

33.72% Critical Chance

64.96% Critical Multiplier

13.33% Activation Speed

-------------------------------------------------------

Rakata Ear Piece

+85 Aim

+98 Endurance

+51 Critical Chance

+51 Alacrity

448.5...i.Bonus Healing.....i.+12.9

35.79% Critical Chance.....+2.07%

14.59% Activation Speedi.+1.26%

-------------------------------------------------------

Critical Hyperaccelerated Rejuvenation Relay

+62 Aim....i................-23

+50 Endurance.........-48

+25 Power................+25

+35 Critical Chance -15

+29 Alacrity..i...........-22

449.3 ....Bonus Healing.....i.+13.7

35.18% Critical Chance.....+1.46%

14.05% Activation Speedi.+0.72%%

I also hate that Kolto is ground target---it should hit the person you've got targeted, with splash on whoever is adjacent to him.

I have no issues healing with my Combat Medic. It is a bit frustrating at first, but I've managed to complete all Hard modes, under-geared with a UI that likes to freeze a lot. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature. Combat Medic is NOT an easy class to heal as. There is no set rotation, but certain skills being used first do cause other skills to use less ammo and/or heal more so that less casts are required. I have keybindings set to 1-5 and ctrl + 1-5. Specifically with heals for myself and the party. Once you get the hang of healing as a Combat Medic, you will see moments of freedom from healing to throw out a few DPS skills. It really isn't that hard once you actually understand your class. I used to be a guide fiend and now I feel I understand my class better than anyone else on my server. The skill trees are fairly straight-forward and easier to weigh out what works best.

The way Kolto Bomb is now allows you to place it in a more specific spot so you can heal whoever you want in an FP specifically. I am able to throw it down sometimes so that it heals myself and the tank as well as one dps. If it was a splash AOE than I wouldn't have as much control over it. Whining over skills, because you lack experience in it's use is not going to make the game better. It's just going to cause another nerf war like the other MMO that shall not be named did, causing at least one class to be unbalanced at all times. This is not meant to insult anyone, it is just to correct a complaint.

My only complaint is that Hammer Shot can't be broken to cast something more important. Perhaps there is a way, but I have yet to figure it out.

Edited by Sidnonia

Whining over skills, because you lack experience in it's use is not going to make the game better. It's just going to cause another nerf war like the other MMO that shall not be named did, causing at least one class to be unbalanced at all times. This is not meant to insult anyone, it is just to correct a complaint.
I'm an experienced healer from a bazillion MMOs, hoss. Don't call it whining because you happen to disagree. That and your little disclaimer is just a passive/aggressive way of feeding your ego. Edited by RolyartNala

I'm an experienced healer from a bazillion MMOs, hoss. Don't call it whining because you happen to disagree. That and your little disclaimer is just a passive/aggressive way of feeding your ego.

To be honest, most of your posts DO sound like your whining.

As the previous poster stated, she found it easy to heal with a Combat Medic.

The Clincher?

So did I and I have NO healing experience at all.

To be honest, most of your posts DO sound like your whining.

As the previous poster stated, she found it easy to heal with a Combat Medic.

The Clincher?

So did I and I have NO healing experience at all.

Oh, shut up. I never said it was hard. I said I would prefer it a different way. Thanks for your input---I'll round file it right here.

• 3 weeks later...

For fights like Ironfist you can and should cycle in a kolto bomb while your Supercharged Cell is up and you know there is AOE damage coming in just to buy you more reaction time and prevent people from being gibbed with the +10% damage reduction buff.

Pro-Tip!

I've always been keeping my CSC at 30 for the +3% heal bonus... Guess I need to change tactics.