Sorcerer Nerf....

Fhatal

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing 300k damage and 70k healing at level 26 on my sorc regularly. Can only imagine what it's like at 50 with gear.

NO. No you weren't. Show some proof or stop with the lies. That's just ridiculous...:rolleyes:

Maaaybe with a good pocket healer, maybe. But that goes for every class so you are still full of it...

Edited by Delltron

Anecdotal ... I don't think it means what you think it means.

Possibly, french is my mother tongue and it was most likely a faux ami as we call them, written almost the same in both languages, but don't mean the same thing at all.

I meant it as "not even worth recognizing".

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Results from 6 matches, on my Sorc who is only missing Champion Boots (has Cent ones).

Civil War:

17292 Damage / 5 Kills / 5 Deaths / 211083 Healed 4 Medals.

Huttball:

39797 Damage / 9 Kills / 3 Deaths / 254268 Healed 4 Medals.

85528 Damage / 22 Kills / 4 Deaths / 257630 Healed 6 Medals.

57834 Damage / 25 Kills / 1 Death / 178562 Healed 6 Medals.

40412 Damage / 22 Kills / 2 Deaths / 349801 Healed 6 Medals.

Voidstar:

35388 Damage / 17 Kills / 1 Death / 347827 Healed / 5 Medals.

During most of these, I was left to my own devices at the back/up high free healing/dps.

Most of the time, the DPS classes had atleast equal to, or greater than my max healing.

But you can see how the number's don't really correlate, 50k damage netted more kills than 85k damage. It's just that sorc damage is consitent and not burst. I did an average of 2300 damage to each person I hit for 60k dps.

I say stop feeding the troll. Ramza is only one who continue to argue that sorc's are OP by now.

For one, I never ever wrote Sorc/Sage are OP. Slightly unbalanced, certainly. You are nowhere near ops/scoundrel in terms of stupidly OP broken (I don't agree with their over the top nerf either). I want balance, not destroy classes.

What I've argued so far is for ONE of your tools to be removed, namely the double bubble. That's a minor adjustment.

Touching your healing or your CC would break you.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

You arent getting it.

- I cast bubble on myself, 20 second timer starts.

- 19 seconds later someone pops my bubble, after it absorbs 2000 damage.

- Now 20 seconds has passed, so I cast bubble again because bubble timer has reset.

Back to back bubbling. Same as Ice Barrier on WoW Mage.

Man you are being dense. I said the exact same thing as you. You are completely failing at reading.

For one, I never ever written Sorc/Sage are OP. Slightly unbalanced, certainly. You are nowhere near ops/scoundrel in terms of stupidly OP broken. But I don't agree with their over the top nerf either. I want balance, not destroy classes.

What I've argued so far is for ONE of your tools to be removed, namely the double bubble. That's a minor adjustment.

Except 66.7% of the time you are in a state where you cant double bubble.

That or you are failing at writing since more than 2 people did not understand you already.

Not when both of them are idiots.

I am guessing you still dont get the fact that I was saying the same thing as you? lmfao

Edited by pathiss

I don't really notice double bubble, the likelyhood is that it's only from the start of the match that it's applied. 6k Damage, is still not even a good hit from solid dps classes.

I don't really see it as that bad especially that sorc's are probably the #1 target for any true DPS.

Except 66.7% of the time you are in a state where you cant double bubble.

We must not be playing the same game. The only situation during which you cannot do it is if you somehow manage to stay alive with someone pounding on you constantly which means he/they are breaking the bubble every time you put it up once.

Generally, you'll just win your fight and be left alone for a while or you die.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Yeah, even then it can only happen during that 10 second window (13 seconds if using healer gear set bonus). For all practical purposes, it will typically only be healers anyways benefiting from the short double bubble window ...and to be honest with you, sorc healers arent the problem to begin with.

A screenshot of a full run Voidstar in which you have 16.5k life implies that you are in really very good gear.

So in reality: you SHOULD be doing that much damage against what LOOKS like a team that aren't in comparable gear. Furthermore, stacking adrenals etc (as that screenshot implies) does not make Sorcerers OP. It just means that adrenals should be removed from PvP.

You are aware that it doesn't stack, right? If you recast a bubble that is already up, it simply refreshes and you lose all outstanding mitigation from the first cast. Since the bubble normally gets taken out in one hit, that probably means the first cast didn't actually mitigate any damage.

We must not be playing the same game. The ONLY situation during which you cannot do it is if you somehow manage to stay alive with someone pounding on you for over 30s.

Ok, we apparently arent playing the same game.

When I throw a bubble on myself or someone else, a debuff also gets applied the prevents me or them from coming under the effect of another sorcerer bubble for 20 seconds (17 with the healer set gear).

The means there is only a 10s period out of every 30 seconds where a double bubble is even possible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.