Kolto Bomb Needs Smart Healing

Rehash

Bioware, please add smart healing to Kolto Bomb. I don't need it to hit more targets and I don't need it to heal more. ALL I want is to be able to apply the shield and the healing buff to the people that actually need it.

Also, make the targeting indicator on AoE spells show the actual area of effect so that I can target specific players with Kolto.

These things are so obviously needed that its almost hard to ask for them. You just assume the current state is bugged and hope it will get fixed on its own but it never does.

The AoE targetting is just plain inexcuseable. There is WAY to much money behind this game for something like that to go live.

The smart healing is less egregious, but it seems equally obvious.

The AoE targetting is just plain inexcuseable. There is WAY to much money behind this game for something like that to go live.

The smart healing is less egregious, but it seems equally obvious.

Considering it is the most limited of the AoE heals (Scoundrel is 4, Sage is unlimited) it is inexcusable that it could choose to heal someone at full health when there are wounded players within the radius. Smart heals are quite common in other MMOs, the idea can't have been unheard of by the Devs.

As for the radius, how hard is scaling the Republic circle to a fixed value? Not asking for a different targeting graphic, just make it bigger or smaller as appropriate.

Bioware, please add smart healing to Kolto Bomb. I don't need it to hit more targets and I don't need it to heal more. ALL I want is to be able to apply the shield and the healing buff to the people that actually need it.

Also, make the targeting indicator on AoE spells show the actual area of effect so that I can target specific players with Kolto.

You may not ask for it, but i do. Kolto Bomb should be a true AE. Or have no cooldown anymore at all.

Sometimes i would like the shield on the tank, sometimes the heal on the nearly dead DPS. There is no way you can make a "smart" system that knows who you want to heal/shield/buff each time.

Considering it is the most limited of the AoE heals (Scoundrel is 4, Sage is unlimited)

Limited in affected targets, but the fact that it provides + 5% healing and a 10% dmg reduction shield when supercharged makes up for it imo.

Having said that I entirely agree it needs smart healing, when I need serious AoE healing I almost never use Kolto Bomb, like when grouping up on Annihilation Droid, or transition phases on Soa (although I do use it when moving as an instant heal for that phase) when we group up waiting for the next platform to drop I'm just using amp-mp.

But at present I pretty much just use it as a buff for the tank, if I can get some melee with the bomb then cool, but I just use it for the +healing and shield.

Limited in affected targets, but the fact that it provides + 5% healing and a 10% dmg reduction shield when supercharged makes up for it imo.

Having said that I entirely agree it needs smart healing, when I need serious AoE healing I almost never use Kolto Bomb, like when grouping up on Annihilation Droid, or transition phases on Soa (although I do use it when moving as an instant heal for that phase) when we group up waiting for the next platform to drop I'm just using amp-mp.

But at present I pretty much just use it as a buff for the tank, if I can get some melee with the bomb then cool, but I just use it for the +healing and shield.

Even with smart healing implemented, our best AoE healing option is to pop SCC and spam AP/MP around on everyone. With no cooldown you wouldn't just toss KBs all over the place. They don't heal for enough, and the lack of any logic to who gets healed further decreases its utility. Currently it is only really worth using for the buff, but using it within SCC is almost a waste of a GCD and does prevent an extra AP cast.