The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

carolina parakeet and tanking

tbsly

any of you guys using the carolina parakeet spec to tank in pve and pvp with? if so what does your version look like?

im currently considering this

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301RRrrbMboZ0MZbIbbdh.1

ive thought about giving up combust for 3/3 intimidation but combust is basically 4% reduced damage and we only have a couple fire attacks that i would use regularly in pvp.

any thoughts?

Looks fine enough, if you can make it work make it work.

Really the build consists of a couple of key talents (which you have) and everything else in the ST tree is flex points to meet your needs. You're missing out on the 2% flat damage reduction from Ion Screen, but depending on your gear you wont even miss it.

There isn't much that'll hit hard enough right now to matter, hell it looks like you can't even shield on Soa, so you're really not missing out on too much. More often than not I feel the extra damage does more than extra mitigation in the current tiers of content available but YMMV.

The golden rule for achieving well in anything is to always look to yourself for blame before looking at others. Keep that in mind, keep enough creds for a respec, and if you come across some wipes that you feel are your fault go respec. I don't anticipate this will be a problem, but stranger things have happened.