Please increase auction limit!

Primalis

The current limit I believe is 50? PLEASE boost it up to 100 or more.

Or maybe...have it increase by Legacy level...or have your successful auctions boost a "Salesman" or "Shopkeeper" attribute in your Legacy that allows you to add more and get discounts on the price to put it up...

• 3 months later...
yes, this is a ridiculous limit. it hurts the in game economy since certain low end items never get posted. people have to get the most bang for their buck when posting auctions so nothing is cheap even stuff that is relatively easy to make/obtain can cost thousands of credits.

...where can I auction in this game? Do you mean the galactic trade market? If so, gosh, call it that... Because you don't "auction" anything.

Anyways, I'm not a big salesman, but I agree with you, for convienance reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bio, Please get rid of this limit all together. We the players and including you guys (Developers) know that schematics only take a few items to craft something. It is not fair to neither me (the seller) or the buyer to have to trade in bulk. It is just silly for a buyer to have to buy a stack of 50 pieces of metal or cloth when all they need is 2 - 4 pieces. I for one do not like the idea of having to spend 10's of thousands of credits to craft an item that should cost 1 - 2 thousand credits at max.

When there is a particular section in the trade market that no one is selling in (i mean 0 listings like on my server this is almost the entire market) a seller spots the potential of earning credits and guess what? They cant even list anything to give players anything to buy. On my server I am one of 10 people that list on the trade market. No joke. Please do the right thing and get rid of this horrific idea of having a limit on sales in the Galactic Trade Market!!! :mad:

Edited by Zerodagreez

lower your prices so the stuff will sell.

That is a fairly lame and unhelpful reply to this issue.

The GTN on my server is sparse. I think only a couple of people (myself included) are really active and providing people with what they want. People complain that they often don't find what they need on the GTN, because it's just not there. I vendor a lot of low level greens, schematics, and materials that other people could use because I would rather save my precious GTN spots for all the augmented gear I craft. I have 4 characters on Imperial side (another 4 on republic side for the GTN there) and even with 50 items per character, I still reach the limit.

Why *not* let people put as much up as they want? The closest thing I can think of is WoW, where people could put up as many items as they wanted (at least I never found a limit)... the market was thriving and I could almost always buy whatever I wanted. Supply and demand was in effect nicely, so that if I ever needed something, I could buy it for a fair price.

Right now, there are so few items on the GTN, sellers (myself included) could charge really high prices and get away with it because the supply of items on the GTN is restricted. I vendor all sorts of greens, blues, schematics, and materials that could potentially be useful to other people because I would rather use my precious GTN slots for items of higher value. This is a loss for both buyers and sellers. When I'm on my alt trying to find gear for my companions, I'm lucky to find a couple of decent greens.

I stopped putting up stims, because it took up too much space, and I would rather put up items that I make more of a profit on. Two of my friends already complained to me that they can't get stims anymore because I was the only one that ever put any on the GTN.

With these small population servers, if you raised/removed the GTN item limit, people could buy more of what they may want. For the sake of a more lively market, please increase the auction limit.

Edited by ZenithStorm

You mean, you actually use it?

Cause its always empty when i check, though i am low level, oh well....one of those 'you are on your own or craft yourself situation, because crafters tend to care about what makes them the most profit with the lease cost possible.

You mean, you actually use it?

Cause its always empty when i check, though i am low level, oh well....one of those 'you are on your own or craft yourself situation, because crafters tend to care about what makes them the most profit with the lease cost possible.

I believe their point was that the things someone like you would want to buy they are FORCED to vendor those items and only list a few of the things that would be worth it. If the limit was removed I am sure you would find more of these items you seek.

Edited by Zerodagreez