Delays are gone!

ShadowMasterRP

There is a lot of variables to change and animations to adept to reflect those Variables. That is why Ability delay cannot be fixed in the snap of a finger like some people prefer. That is the reason why it cannot be a hotfix either.

The speeder is not an issue, to me at least. You should not be able to summon your speeder and at the end of the casting bar be racing already. You need time to turn it on, get on it and drive.

However, a different issue is the capping in civil war and planting a bomb at the voidstar. There is no reason for my Bomb planting or capping not to count when I get knockbacked, interrupted or anything at exactly 8.0 out of 8.0 seconds with planting the bomb. Same for Capping.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you guys have noticed (and probably read in the patch notes), one major part of our series of ability delay improvements was patched onto the live servers with the maintenance last night (patch 1.1.0b). We decided that the improvements seen with this fix were significant enough for us to roll this patch out as quickly as possible instead of waiting for the next scheduled patch.

Your feedback from the servers so far indicates that this change has had dramatic, positive impact on combat gameplay.

That said, we're not done improving combat responsiveness!

• As mentioned in my blog a few days ago, there are some additional fixes currently on our public test server as part of patch 1.1.1, which will roll out as soon as we're satisfied with that patch.

• We've heard your mixed feedback regarding the new cooldown animation that was part of patch 1.1, and we have improvements to the readability of that UI coming down the pipe.

• We're looking into improving the accuracy of cast bars. Their behavior should already be significantly improved with today's patch, but we believe there is still room to improve.

• We're also working on improvements to the responsiveness of individual ability animations, including faction specific timing differences and issues where shortening an ability activation time does not properly shorten it's animation.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback on this issue, it has been vital to us in identifying and resolving this situation.

Regards

Georg

Thank god, please change this. I played the game all day and don't remember if i had any real ability delay so i guess it's a good sign so far lol. Just please change the UI back to how it was or change it to be more functional plz.

you are aware that generally speaking sarcasm doesn't actually work in print right ? :p

Ya ya ya. ;)

Anywho, just my .02, I just logged on my gunslinger and I honestly don't see much change if any. I should log on my inquis and see if there is an improvement during ilum pvp framerate party time.

Just like to add that for me the ability issue seems worse, at least in Ilum PVP, there are times when I couldn't do anything, Force Camo for example refused to work, during combat and when I managed to escape combat, it still wouldn't work.

Force Scream also had issues, for some reason most fights I could not use it, it refused to work either by key bind or clicking.

Add that to the weird battering assault animation repeating but not actually hitting, coupled with being in range of someone but in fact being out of range because the servers are clearly turd, or there is a serious syncing issue still makes things completely pants. Certainly worse than what I would expect for a product we're supposed to be paying for!

Phil

No, seriously. Log in and check.

I just tried all of these:

- Mounting up and moving instantly as soon as the cast bar is finished: didn't get dismounted

- Chaining abilities, especially in melee: no delays before or after abilities

- Queueing abilities during the global cooldown: not a single ability fails

They... they actually fixed the delays.

My Sith Marauder actually looks like he's fighting in a smooth, relentless chain of attacks too. No more awkward pauses between abilities with my character just standing there waiting for the delays to pass.

This is fantastic news!

Name the ones that are fixed, thanks.

Not sure why you can't just read the 54 pages on here, multiple abilities are referenced.

You know the saying, teach a man to fish, etc.

Or is it give a man a fire, keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire keep him warm for life

Georg,

Please look into Force in Balance, as even after today's patch, it requires 3-5 button presses to trigger in pvp.

That is because, as stated above, the fix for that is on the Public Test Server in patch 1.1.1 and we're currently at version 1.1.0b on the Live servers :)