Simple suggestion for making COVER worthwhile

ArchonSaar

Add a stance that increases the armor by 100% (or X %) while in cover :) That way we have an incentive to actually be stationary in pvp and in pve we can even off-tank stuff, adding to our - limited - utility. Edited by ArchonSaar

So...

you are immune to charge...

Immune to Interupts...

You already negate a large amount of ranged damage

and you want to be resistant to melee too?

While you can heal at the same time?

Can anyone smell over powered?

Edited by Areoss

Sniper has no healing tree, so stop trolling.

Negating ranged attacks, really? Anything that's not weapon damage simply bypases your defences...which are good ONLY against WHITE weapon attack (sorc has none, merc has very few - tracer missile is tech ;) )

So come back and tell me what's the current utility of cover, aside interupt protection?

Edited by ArchonSaar

So...

you are immune to charge...

Immune to Interupts...

You already negate a large amount of ranged damage

and you want to be resistant to melee too?

While you can heal at the same time?

Can anyone smell over powered?

Are you playing a someone who has managed to be both advanced classes? Cause that sounds almost fair and balanced compared to the rest of the classes.

Ops + snipers can be immune to charge by using cover. Melee ops wont use it for obvious reasons. Healer Ops can. However Op open cover does not mitigate anything.

Sniper cover mitigates 20% of ranged weapon damage.

This is functionally terrible as only snipers deal range weapon damage as their main attacks. Snipers can also break other snipers from cover with diversion or plasma probe or play lethality and only have one mitigated attack so cover doesn't even work on snipers.

Snipers can be immune to interupts. They can't heal so this is fairly meaningless.

Ops can heal. They can't be immune to interupts by using cover.

So how did you unlock the sniperative? Or should that be Operatiper?

*******EDIT*******

I have noticed that it is in the sniper thread. I didnt at first as I clicked on the newest post on the MAIN page, and I saw no reference to any specific tree in the original post.

Edited by Areoss

The problem we can't change orientation when in cover.

Automatically at the end of a cast the sniper turn but is too late.

And all melee can put easy backstab.

The better evasion don't work if we are attack from behind so cover give your back and evasion never protect you for 3 second because you can't turn manually.

Fix evasion and give us possibility to turn when in cover.

Edited by shaghat

*******EDIT*******

I have noticed that it is in the sniper thread. I didnt at first as I clicked on the newest post on the MAIN page, and I saw no reference to any specific tree in the original post.

Yeah. You sir, deserve a golfclap. *golfclap*