Shared Codex/Datacron

Thotor

Finding Codex entries and Datacron is fun. However having to do it on all characters is a pain.

This is especially true for Datacron as they add bonus to your character.

That's why those should be unlocked for your account and not just for one character.

Edited by Thotor

I agree with general non-class specific Codex Entries be shared on account. So you can accumulate all codex entries eventually across the entire game, and read them from any character you happen to be logged in with.

Unfortunately with that, all alts will not be privy to the XP gain of discovering those codex entries again. Which is fine by me, the XP gain is minuscule, for a blob of text I hate going and finding on every single character.

I don't agree on datacrons. To me, that is a right of passage your character needs to do. Unlocking them all on one character, and then all your other characters magically start with all those + benefits at level 1? Sorry, but I disagree.

I agree with general non-class specific Codex Entries be shared on account. So you can accumulate all codex entries eventually across the entire game, and read them from any character you happen to be logged in with.

Unfortunately with that, all alts will not be privy to the XP gain of discovering those codex entries again. Which is fine by me, the XP gain is minuscule, for a blob of text I hate going and finding on every single character.

I don't agree on datacrons. To me, that is a right of passage your character needs to do. Unlocking them all on one character, and then all your other characters magically start with all those + benefits at level 1? Sorry, but I disagree.

I think the legacy XP bonuses that alts recieve would outweigh the lost xp from codex entries anyway... shared codex entries would actually balance the game in regards to that.

As far as datacrons / datacron stats... I don't see why not. It would make the starting zones easier, but those are already trivial, so w/e, and once you get to level 15 or so the difference in the datacron stats would probably not even be noticeable.

/signed.