I refuse to tank HM False Emperor for you. Ever.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every. Single. Time. He blows me off the ledge, and I am unable to enter the instance to receive loot or complete the quest do to this bug. I have missed out on loot I can use, and at this point I have come to the belief that it's impossible for a melee tank to complete without suiciding for the rest of the parties benefit.

I have sent in tickets for this and for Hammerstation final boss doing the same thing at least 20x. Never gets addressed. Just the droid saying it has been sent to correct people. i even sent a link to a video of it happening.

BW's biggest epic fail is that they dont communicate anything, almost ever. There is such a laundry list of major issues that they seem to have said nothing about. Dont know if its working as intended or they look into it.. anything. I give them til next payment period to fix even 2 of the 10-15 problems, if they cant I will sadly put the game aside for a while and may or may not come back. Depends on GW2 launch time scale and open beta stuff etc.

One more handless noob and his followers.

FE is one of the easiest HMs ingame. This was my second completed HM at the second day after i got 50 with my jugg tank. Really easy.

The only issue that team have to have 2 pushers to drop malgus down.

Tanking is pretty easy.

Got to the top of the stairs and stand with the back to the wall rdd stand to the opposite wall.

When boss gets 80k of life you have to kite him down to the bridge and stand with your back to the pillar. That is it.

Btw do you refuse to tank revan, HS and all other kicking bosses?:D

Edited by Beleran

One more handless noob and his followers.

FE is one of the easiest HMs ingame. This was my second completed HM at the second day after i got 50 with my jugg tank. Really easy.

The only issue that team have to have 2 pushers to drop malgus down.

Tanking is pretty easy.

Got to the top of the stairs and stand with the back to the wall rdd stand to the opposite wall.

When boss gets 80k of life you have to kite him down to the bridge and stand with your back to the pillar. That is it.

Then you push him off the edge, your entire party mysteriously wipes and he resets. Or he kicks you through a solid object. Or he hits you with Unlimited Power without channeling it.

Try running FE a few more times and see if you feel any differently after one of Malgus' many bugs. Or the Trandoshan boss punt spam. Or an entire room aggros. Or a mob gets stuck in a wall/under the floor and wipes your whole party. Or you run into an invisible wall in the middle of combat that prevents you from using your skills because you "can't see" the mob. Or you get kicked through a solid object and locked out. Or HK doesn't spawn after you enter the room and you can't progress because you need to kill him to lower the shields between you and the rest of the FP.

I really don't see the point in blaming the player for bugs in the game.

Edited by naardejood

Then you push him off the edge, your entire party mysteriously wipes and he resets. Or he kicks you through a solid object. Or he hits you with Unlimited Power without channeling it.

Try running FE a few more times and see if you feel any differently after one of Malgus' many bugs. Or the Trandoshan boss punt spam. Or an entire room aggros. Or a mob gets stuck in a wall/under the floor and wipes your whole party. Or you run into an invisible wall in the middle of combat that prevents you from using your skills because you "can't see" the mob. Or you get kicked through a solid object and locked out. Or HK doesn't spawn after you enter the room and you can't progress because you need to kill him to lower the shields between you and the rest of the FP.

Ty, and I completely agree

Because he admitted the fact that he's getting knocked off the ledge because he's bad. (Well he didn't admit the bad part, its the "game bug" that knocks him off a clear ledge). If he was being punted through a wall, that's one thing, but that's not the case. He's just looking for carebears to pat him on the back and tell him its alright, its not you, its the game!

Its you. Get over it.

If you make one mistake in a Flashpoint you get boned out of loot rewards, meanwhile people are farming each other for Battlemaster gear on Ilum and don't have to win anything to get it... no repairs, no cost.

Nice community we got here. Cut the guy some slack, the content is buggy and glitched

Edited by MorgonKara

If you make one mistake in a Flashpoint you get boned out of loot rewards, meanwhile people are farming each other for Battlemaster gear on Ilum and don't have to win anything to get it... no repairs, no cost.

Nice community we got here. Cut the guy some slack, the content is buggy and glitched.

Honestly, I think a lot of us are giving him crap due to the way he presented himself in his OP. The title doesn't state his issue clearly, and the first paragraph is about his poor tanking skills.

At 10% he becomes invulnerable and must be shoved off a ledge.

kk?

Regardless of mechanics or play or anything else you guys want to say (qq noob) whatever. You should NOT be locked out of the instance if you die on the last boss and be unable to roll on loot or re-enter.

You're stupid. Learn to play better. I've tanked dozens of FE and have never been knocked off the ledge. That mechanic is easliy avoidable and the encounter is a joke, especially for being the last FP in the game.

Having read through half of the posts on this thread, I don't think the issue at hand here is the OP QQing about being knocked off the ledge. Yes, maybe he's bad.

What this thread is more about, and which the OP had tried on several unsuccessful attempts to refocus the thread on, is the situation in which he is unable to re-enter the instance after being knocked off (falling off?) because the boss had been killed after, which prevents him from completing the flashpoint. That's a very legitimate issue and I don't think the skill of the player in getting knocked off is of ANY relevance here.

I agree with Shedari; the original post does not help the issue and did not make clear what the issue was, hence resulting in a lot of people thinking that this is just another QQ thread.

Edited by pokstair

Apparently it also happens in EV, so the guy whining about loot drops being buggy over this bug, doesn't even need to worry about getting his schematic chance because he may just end up locked out. ;)

It's not my fault that all they take away from the post is that I'm asking for tank strategies. The rest of us who didn't sleep through English took the real meaning.

Edited by Nightfox_

Because he admitted the fact that he's getting knocked off the ledge because he's bad. (Well he didn't admit the bad part, its the "game bug" that knocks him off a clear ledge). If he was being punted through a wall, that's one thing, but that's not the case. He's just looking for carebears to pat him on the back and tell him its alright, its not you, its the game!

Its you. Get over it.

Look at these two sentences:

"I got killed by getting knocked off a platform."

"I can't re-enter the instance after dying."

If you could explain to me how these sentences are even similar, let alone identical, I would really appreciate it, because I have absolutely no idea how you people are so ridiculously off the mark as to what this thread is even about. Do words even mean anything around here or do people just read every fourth word and fill in the blanks with whatever gives them a feeling of superiority like a narcissist with Down's syndrome?

Look at these two sentences:

"I got killed by getting knocked off a platform."

"I can't re-enter the instance after dying."

If you could explain to me how these sentences are even similar, let alone identical, I would really appreciate it, because I have absolutely no idea how you people are so ridiculously off the mark as to what this thread is even about. Do words even mean anything around here or do people just read every fourth word and fill in the blanks with whatever gives them a feeling of superiority like a narcissist with Down's syndrome?

Rofl

Precisely :)

Wow. Get better skill and quit complaining.

Because we all know game bugs are the result of lack of player skill. BioWare totally needs to hire you to just sit around their office and be so pro it miracles all the bad code out of the game, right? But then there would have to be bugs in the first place, 'cause if it never happens to you then it never happens to anyone and we just sit here and spend time reporting this stuff for fun. But that's alright, 'cause you're so polite and helpful that I'm sure they could find you a spot on their customer service team. You'd fit right in.

Edited by naardejood

Because we all know game bugs are the result of lack of player skill. BioWare totally needs to hire you to just sit around their office and be so pro it miracles all the bad code out of the game, right? But then there would have to be bugs in the first place, 'cause if it never happens to you then it never happens to anyone and we just sit here and spend time reporting this stuff for fun. But that's alright, 'cause you're so polite and helpful that I'm sure they could find you a spot on their customer service team. You'd fit right in.

I've done false emp HM about 8 times now, and I have never seen a tank knocked off the edge. So uhm, I don't think it's a 'bug.' I think you might want to look at your positioning perhaps.

EDIT: Since you insist on insulting everyone that mentions you falling off is your fault, i'll throw this in - you cannot zone into a hard mode once you complete it. So don't release when you die if the boss dies as well, get your group to loot. The 'being unable to zone in after dying bug' is universal across all hard mode flashpoints, and I'm fairly certain is working as intended.

Edited by Avia

Haven't insulted anyone. I was pointing out that I don't care for strategies.

Even if a DPS manages to get knocked off at 11%, why are the rest of us required to completely reset the boss to make sure our party mate gets to finish?

If it's working as intended, why does BW offer to compensate for lost loot?

It's clearly a bug/flawed mechanic.

EDIT: Since you clearly insist on not reading what at least 5 other people in this thread have reiterated, you can not be rezzed if you are thrown off a ledge. Should you misclick and end up in medcenter, you can not zone in or be rezzed. If your party dies to bugs on the last boss adds after you've killed the main boss, whether in EZ FP, HM FP, OPS or HM OPS, you cannot zone back in if you can't rez.

Edited by Nightfox_

Haven't insulted anyone. I was pointing out that I don't care for strategies.

Even if a DPS manages to get knocked off at 11%, why are the rest of us required to completely reset the boss to make sure our party mate gets to finish?

If it's working as intended, why does BW offer to compensate for lost loot?

It's clearly a bug/flawed mechanic.

EDIT: Since you clearly insist on not reading what at least 5 other people in this thread have reiterated, you can not be rezzed if you are thrown off a ledge. Should you misclick and end up in medcenter, you can not zone in or be rezzed. If your party dies to bugs on the last boss adds after you've killed the main boss, whether in EZ FP, HM FP, OPS or HM OPS, you cannot zone back in if you can't rez.

None of the hard modes at this point are that buggy, the majority of them are mostly fixed at this point. If your entire group is dying on the final boss, then think of it as a lesson as to what not to do next time. And whether or not you can be rez'd if you fall off is beside the point, since I know that I at least seen people able to roll while they were dead at the bottom of the hole.

None of the hard modes at this point are that buggy, the majority of them are mostly fixed at this point. If your entire group is dying on the final boss, then think of it as a lesson as to what not to do next time. And whether or not you can be rez'd if you fall off is beside the point, since I know that I at least seen people able to roll while they were dead at the bottom of the hole.

Quite a few people disagree with you.

Also when you are knocked into a ledge, you aren't dead, you just immediately zone out.

Edited by Nightfox_

I've done false emp HM about 8 times now, and I have never seen a tank knocked off the edge. So uhm, I don't think it's a 'bug.' I think you might want to look at your positioning perhaps.

EDIT: Since you insist on insulting everyone that mentions you falling off is your fault, i'll throw this in - you cannot zone into a hard mode once you complete it. So don't release when you die if the boss dies as well, get your group to loot. The 'being unable to zone in after dying bug' is universal across all hard mode flashpoints, and I'm fairly certain is working as intended.

Because if it hasn't happened to you then it's never happened to anyone, right? There's no world outside the tiny sliver of it you've experiences personally?

I don't care what game it is, clipping though solid geometry is a bug. If your back is in physical contact with a solid object and you pass through it, that is a bug. If you fall through the floor, that is a bug. If a mob passes into a wall and kills you through the floor, that is a bug. If mobs respawn while you're fighting them, that is a bug. If you kill a boss only to watch your entire group drop dead while the boss resets, that is a bug.

Also, you can't be rezzed if you fall through the world and nobody can reach your corpse. Releasing is your only option if you don't feel like leaving your character dead and re-rolling a new one.

Yes, they are. Please see the list I posted around two pages ago of the bugs I encounter in ONE run.

And what should we "not do" to prevent the boss from wiping the entire group and resetting after we kick him off the edge? Let him force-lightning us dead instead?

Not being able to get back into an instance after finishing the boss is exactly what this thread was about in the first place. It's the ENTIRE point. And, again, if you've seen people roll on loot while dead that must mean nobody's ever not been able to loot while dead. If you've never seen it, it's never happened, it doesn't affect you and everyone who's been inconvenienced by these problems need to shut up and L2P, right?

I'm getting incredibly sick of people blaming the player for shoddy programming and it's becoming increasingly difficult to remain civil.

I don't understand why some of you are so insistant on everyone acknowledging you point :) Ye, it's stupid that you can't re-enter flashpoints after them being done, but seriously are you gonna post around everywhere until everyone agrees :D ? In that case i welcome you to the internet and all its trolls, elitists and clueless people :)

I don't wanna derail the thread, but if you think the Malgus knockoff preventing you from receiving loot is a tough thing to deal with try doing Revan in the Foundry and then post back here what you think about his semi-rng timed one shot lightning and immunity bug at 5%.

Wow... What did people do, stop licking the windows long enough to come here and post? I've seen some terrible people in my time, but never so many all in one place.

Any situation where you're forced out of the instance and locked out and/or unable to receive loot from a boss your group just killed is, or should be considered, a bug.

Nevermind how or why you got into that situation.