Too Many Elites when Questing in Groups?

Jerakal

Does anyone else feel like this, you're grouped up with 2 or more friends, and suddenly you're swamped with elites in any instanced quest. I personally feel a bit of dread any time I see that "Enemy Reinforcements Arriving" message.

We've seriously tried to the same mission twice both as a group of 3 and each solo, and found that we could each clear it solo in about half the time, just because of the irritating elites that spawn with EVERY PULL in quest instances when grouped.

Maybe me and my friends are in the minority when it comes to this, but we really feel like adding an extra elite to EVERY SINGLE PULL really just slows down the questing experience, rather than adding any real difficulty to the group questing experience. Especially since the only real difference between those enemies and the other strong enemies in those quests tends to be that they have 4x as many hit points.

Anyone else feel this way? Or do you think it's just right?

Edited by Jerakal

We ran into this the other day and alternated between frustrated and really happy b/c elites we had killed would re-pop and kill us from behind when the "enemy reinforcements" message popped up but we got to keep killing/ looting them (also, the security box kept respawning as well and that was good);

With all that, still felt a bit "buggy" b/c respawn wasn't consistent and resulted (in one case) in a quest-ending boss disappearing before he could be looted ( we killed the elites, killed him, and then the elites re-popped, killed us, and he disappeared :(

It's a really cool feature, I'm actually kind of surprised the developers haven't talked more about it. I reckon a lot of people don't even know since I see a lot of people soloing all the time. Early on I did the same epic, once solo and once in a group, and that was the first time I noticed the difference. You get better loot in a group too I think. Edited by MorgonKara