Things to change when I get Talos

JoeyVale

I am 42 and just got Talos (yes I did nearly every bonus, ran the heroic 2 & 4 on each planet multiple days before I left a planet, no real rush to level). and I want to stay as Deception as I like the play style. I am looking for a few things that maybe other Deception spec'd assassins went thru if keeping Talos. I used Klem all the way up and kept him geared and had no issues.

1) Off hand - should I switch to the shield or say with the focus

2) Dark Charge - Currently using Surge for the extra DPS but should I change to DC for the extra armor, i like to CC when facing silvers or gold so no discharge there.

3) Gear - I dont want to revamp my entire gear to a tank (Focus on Endurance) as I still want to be mDPS so for now I typically mix and match between Resolve and Force Wielder enchants.

4) Talos abilities - I have turned off all his offensive abilites anyone else do it or any other advice.

Thanks much.

Edited by JoeyVale

I did the same as you, ran Khem till Talos. I would say dont change a thing.

I run into mobs now. Mind trap one, Maul out of stealth on 2nd, the other 3 till just attack Talos while you can position yourself and let unleash.Talos also has this CC thing where he will freeze enemies. he takes good care of himself. Gear him up as you get quest rewards. I now come out of elites with more than 50% health on some occasions. Try it, specially after hoth. I am on Belsavis atm and its pro!!!

I am 42 and just got Talos (yes I did nearly every bonus, ran the heroic 2 & 4 on each planet multiple days before I left a planet, no real rush to level). and I want to stay as Deception as I like the play style. I am looking for a few things that maybe other Deception spec'd assassins went thru if keeping Talos. I used Klem all the way up and kept him geared and had no issues.

1) Off hand - should I switch to the shield or say with the focus

get the best focus you can find

2) Dark Charge - Currently using Surge for the extra DPS but should I change to DC for the extra armor, i like to CC when facing silvers or gold so no discharge there.

stay surge

3) Gear - I dont want to revamp my entire gear to a tank (Focus on Endurance) as I still want to be mDPS so for now I typically mix and match between Resolve and Force Wielder enchants.

get the lvl 40 pvp set for talos, and yourself the weapons at 42 and 46. will last you to 50.

4) Talos abilities - I have turned off all his offensive abilites anyone else do it or any other advice.

just keep the healing abilities on. make sure you watch his threat on adds though. A lot of times he will pull healing aggro from mobs you are not attacking. If you are on a gold with adds or 2 silvers this can be pretty brutal.

Thanks much.

np

-----------

Edited by tacoknite

A question to tacoknite's reply.

You say use a shield, and stay in Surge Charge? Is it still worthwhile to use a shield when you don't have the automatic +15% chance that Dark Charge gives? It could well be I guess, I'm honestly wondering. My thought when reading the initial list of questions was "Well, 1 and 2 are linked, you wouldn't use a shield and not use dark charge!" but maybe I'm incorrect there!

edit: This now makes no sense as tacoknite edited his =)

Edited by SeppTB

talos is easy mode play for me now. i killed 2 elites and 1 strong alone with him yesterday. i never could have with any other companion.

healer companions are not balanced for this game i think :D

Don't say that or we'll get a companion nerf ;-)

talos is easy mode play for me now. i killed 2 elites and 1 strong alone with him yesterday. i never could have with any other companion.

:D

This, except I deleted the offending sentence. With Talos I was able to beat Level 50 Champions with 100k+ hp, which are level 50 heroic 2+ quest bosses. Heroic 4 bosses still do too much damage to be done solo.

I play a hybrid Madness/Assassin build, 0/13/28, and swap to Dark Charge w/o gear or spec change for fighting champions. Never tried fighting two Elites w/o Mind Trapping one first and fight em 1v1.

Shadows get the Talos mirror at 25. This is a great injustice.

My shadow-reroll was soloing even level champs till they started ramping up their DPS at around 45-47.

And the occasional pretty hologirl compared against an archeology nerd.