SI Full Story Questions (end game spoilers)

SpikeRosered

So I just finished the SI storyline. I was a bit annoyed that I had to fight Thanaton twice but luckily I was able to kill him both my first time. For some reason I actually had a harder time fighting his ghost on Voss...

Also I was a bit disappointed in the animated cutscene of the after fight but w/e. At least I'm a part of the dark council now....though that doesn't really mean anything sadly...

Anyway the point of this thread is to ask some questions about the storyline. Tell me how certain choices affected the storyline for those who did them. I'll start:

1. I had the fat lord guy running my cult. When given the option to change leadership over to the three creepy guys I rejected and killed them. All I got was the lord guy congratulating me and moving on.

2. I didn't kill Thanaton's minion with the sliencer nor did I kill his apprentice Skar. The result was during the showdown with Thanaton he ordered his minion to attack me, but he refused and said he owed me a blood debt. Furthermore Skar showed up after Thanaton ran away and was the one to tell me that he was heading back to the dark council.

3. I picked all dark side choices with the ghosts. They all got angry at me and attacked me during the Voss dream sequences. Also I chose to absorb them again at the very end, though this doesn't seem to really affect anything.

4. The fat lord killed the love interest girl on Nar Shadda and she appeared on Voss as a ghost. What happens if you don't pick the fat lord? Does she still die?

I asked it directly in the last question, but I'm curious how other options affected the storyline. Anyone want to offer their knowledge?

Edited by SpikeRosered

Well, I can answer atleast the last question. My sith 'romanced' her, used the cult to get what he needed and killed the old leader of the cult.

He let her down gently the next time they met to get the computer chip, and then yeah, she still pops up as a ghost on Voss.

Edit- Also, since I chose to kill the old cult leader, Rylee and the other guy ran the cult, and when the three cyborgs popped up, I force persuaded them to join me, and it seems to have worked.

Edited by slmaril

I don't think Rylee is dead on Voss. The force-ghosts you've eaten are messing with your mind. One of them appears as Thanaton, and he's certainly not dead at the time. Maybe Palthion does kill her though, I dunno about that.

Also if you're a female SI then Rylee doesn't appear in there at all, the sith guy that is Lady Thul's bodyguard on Alderaan is the one that appears there. Forget his name. He's also a possible romance/fling for a female SI.

I'm most curious about the Light Side ending personally, the ghosts at the end telling me I was too dark and doomed to end up a ghost like them made me all go all 'aww, no fair', hehe.

So far as the cult, I killed the fat lord and had Rylee run the cult. She continually flirted with me for the rest of the story and I kind of viewed her as that clingy one-night-stand that keeps awkwardly showing back up. When the hivemind cyborgs showed up, I force persuaded them to join my cult instead of handing over leadership to them. Then they offered the microchip as a welcome gift (I completely didn't think that would work).

I noticed there were three choices in the closing of Act III that could potentially have implications on the future of the story line.

You tell your followers where to concentrate their efforts:

1. Crush the republic (focus on the war, reclaim the galaxy from the Republic).

2. Identify and cull all remaining Thanaton supporters from the Sith ranks.

3. Search the galaxy for artifacts/rituals to increase your power.

You are then confronted by the bound Sith ghosts. There are several dialogue options ranging from immediately taking action to giving them a chance to explain/ask for freedom.

1. You can re-bind them to keep the power, and they swear they will have revenge.

2. You can chose to release them. The ghost of the pureblood Sith lord chooses to stay with you.

You then give directions to your companions:

1.Search the galaxy for its power and secrets

2.Defend our people (presumably loyalty to the Empire)

3.To take over the Empire (Remake the Sith Order)

Personally, though he is sadistic, sarcastic and pure dagnasty evil, I'd like to think my sorcerer has ambitions akin to Darth Jadus. He is a slave, who rose quickly through the ranks into an organization plagued by petty power struggles, infighting, and xenophobia.

He chose to tell his supporters to crush the republic. He hates the Jedi order and all the hypocrisy they stand for (choosing to mock the Jedi Master on Alderaan rather than lightning his ***), and would love to reclaim the galaxy for the Empire.

I thought he would actually release the ghost. As awesome as power his, he knows that they caused detrimental harm to his body and his mind, and would continue to hinder his progress if kept bound against their will. He may be evil, but he sees the logic in earning power by his own merit, and fulfilling an agreement (we stay with you until Thanaton is dead, then let us go). He still has the one spirit who stayed with him.

With regards to his companions, he intends to reshape the Sith Order and the Empire in his image, eventually killing off the Dark Council and the Emperor if need be. As Darth Jadus said, "I believe we must spread the ways of the Sith to the Empire entire. Plant terror and hatred in every heart. I believe in the democratization of fear."

http://i.imgur.com/wVNNjh.jpg

Those were my choices, what did you guys end up picking?

I'm also insanely jealous of the plot deviations in the Imperial Agent storyline. Those are Witcher-level story ramifications.

Went light side for most everything (not always though). As mentioned above, if you kill the fat guy and have Rylee and what's his name run the cult you see her again and hook up again. Also she sends you presents periodically as you are leveling up.

I didn't reabsorb the ghosts at the end, instead I helped them "crossover" to actually being dead and gone.

Rylee appeared as a ghost and I was like "What the f? You're not dead, we just did the beast with 2 backs a few levels back." I chocked it up to ghosts messing with me or a wierd glitch where bioware assumed I chose to kill her earlier.

Rylee appeared as a ghost and I was like "What the f? You're not dead, we just did the beast with 2 backs a few levels back." I chocked it up to ghosts messing with me or a wierd glitch where bioware assumed I chose to kill her earlier.

Yeah I was a bit puzzled at first. It's my understanding that the real four ghosts you had bound took on manifestations of still living people in your life (and a wampa). Rylee, Thanaton, and even Zash are still all technically still alive when you fight them as spirits. But again, I'm pretty sure you're fighting the four spirits you have bound, not the actual spirits of Rylee, Thanaton, and even Zash.

For the Cult, I killed the fat lord guy.

Rylee sent me gifts every now and then.

Once the 3 offered to join my cult and take it global I agreed.

I told the current leader forget his name what happened and he was upset but Rylee talked some since into him.

I have received nothing from them. So much for going global.