Modding armor and leveling

Ducilia

Heylo,

First of, I've did a search on Armor Modding but could not find an answer. I also didn't know where to put it so since I'm kinda new to the armor modding, I figured here is the place to go.

Right, for my question;

I've found an orange (moddable) armor piece, and I really like the looks of it. If I keep replacing the mods with on level mods, can I have this armor last through the leveling process, or do I loose stats compared to higher base level armor?

Cheers :)

I still have the gloves on wich i buyed from the lightside vendor at level ~15, so yes, with the right mods you can keep all your orange gear till level 50 :)

The "armoring" mods determine how much armor rating an item has, so your armor will scale nicely with your level if you keep them updated :)

Edited by Gereon

Heylo,

First of, I've did a search on Armor Modding but could not find an answer. I also didn't know where to put it so since I'm kinda new to the armor modding, I figured here is the place to go.

Right, for my question;

I've found an orange (moddable) armor piece, and I really like the looks of it. If I keep replacing the mods with on level mods, can I have this armor last through the leveling process, or do I loose stats compared to higher base level armor?

You can indeed keep that piece of armor until 50. All custom armor has a base armor value determined by the type of armor (light, medium, heavy), so if you keep your mods up to date, you can keep it until you get sick of the look (or start doing Operations).

the only thing to keep in mind is that the same armoring mod will not give the same armor for light, medium, or heavy armor

so for example a 40 armor rating could give:

light armor 100 armor

medium armor 200 armor

heavy armor 300 armor

those numbers are just an example but the general idea is conveyed

Armor from operations is supposed to allow the mods to be taken out of them now and placed in orange gear. So there is no reason to ever stop wearing something you like the looks of.

Not yet implemented, but yes, the goal is to allow full customization even with operation level gear. Currently the Armoring, Hilt, and Barrel mods are 'locked' into the dropped and token-purchased gear. Per a dev post last week, this will be changing soon.

Heylo,

Right, for my question;

You can keep modding it up.

Heylo,

Right, for my question;

mods are on par with even level gear, if your putting epic mods the its an epic item, in fact reworking modding system soon so can even pull epic armors mods out and use them in moddable gear, be aware though untill that happens at 50 have to wear epic items and not modable gear.

round about answer yes modding and looking nice>cruddy crappy armor your handed 9/10 x3

Another Orange Gear question: I have a Jedi Knight, Guardian so typically I should be wearing heavy armor. However, I like the look of an Orange Gear piece of medium armor much better....the unmodded armor rating is 12, the unmodded armor raiding on a piece of heavy orange armor that I have is 25.....if I fully mod the medium piece and use it instead, am I losing anything other than the 13 point difference???

Edit: Sorry...i missed the above post re. different armor categories.

Edited by Kodiaxis