The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My GPU reached 106 celsius! (222f)

Johnholliday

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Counter-intuitive, but turning on v-sync reduced my GPU load by about 40%, and my heat issue was reduced.

THat isn't counterintuitive at all. Vsync caps your framerate to your monitor's, which is typically much lower than the maximum of 110 fps that the game tries to run at. This isn't the OP's problem though since he isn't hitting 60 fps anywhere.

106 degrees Celsius! Great scott!

I'm going to vote the PSU is too weak. Double and triple check to make sure you don't need a stronger one.

Yes, please ensure that your power supply is capable of outputting at least 1.21 jiggawatts! Then let us know how your GPU is doing.

Seriously though, with a PSU that weak I'd be more surprised if you weren't overheating while running. If possible, test a more powerful PSU in your machine first (maybe a friend could loan you one?) In the meantime, definitely set the graphics to the lowest possible settings, or take a temporary break from SWTOR.

ive noticed i get a increase of 20 celcius on the character selection screen or during any movie discussion... or in some part of the game...

If i go afk and get back to login screen i almost fry my gpu each time.

they arent optimized and its our GPU that pay the price.

they cant have that much to render really...

is this your thread ? thank you for clarifying what my expertise with pc's is. :rolleyes:

Hey gaiz, I gots dis card for a GPU slot but teh slot wuz 2 small so I cut some of the connector thingies off 2 make it fit (it had lots lol) and now my compyooter no work!

I fink sumtins wrong w/my monitor help!

*This message brought to you by Czerka, providing fine huttball hazards and forum quackery since...whenever. Just buy it. Now, back to the game!*

Edited by Uruare