The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyrotech Heat Management in long fights/rotation?

barbooch

So I am relativly new to the Pyrotech spec but loving it (I switched form AP to Pyro) and I noticed that in FP's and Wz's I am having a problem in prolonged fights with managing my heat as I constantly cap it and then just sit there firing rapid shots lookings stupid so I could reaaaaally use some tips there but also what is the general rotation used for pyro? Thanks in advance!

You just have to keep one eyeball on your heat meter and become disciplined about not spamming Flame Burst. It takes some practice, but it's not too hard. In PvP, with as much as you'll get stunned, heat is rarely a problem.

Edit:

There's not really a "rotation" but more of a priority system. What I typically do:

Rail Shot > Rapid Shots (if above 40% heat) > Incendiary Missile (if not present and it's a long fight) > Thermal Detonator (if plenty of spare heat and target won't die before it explodes) > Rocket Punch > Thermal Sensor Override + Flamethrower > Flame Burst

Edited by badalchemist

It's simpler than it looks, in long fights all you need to do is learn to weave in Rapid shots.

Generally in raids you'll get to a point where you're cruising along between 20-40 heat; you just watch for Prototype Particle Accelerator procs and when it hasn't proc'd, just weave in a Rapid Shots.

Edited by Mhak