Arsenal + Alacrity

Tinkipoo

Anyone ever try stacking alacrity? Without a lot of it im already down at like a 1.4s cast on TM. Is there any alacrity cap? Assuming we could handle the heat and assuming it was effective to just do TM, how fast do you think we could pump them out?

Anyone ever try stacking alacrity? Without a lot of it im already down at like a 1.4s cast on TM. Is there any alacrity cap? Assuming we could handle the heat and assuming it was effective to just do TM, how fast do you think we could pump them out?

So my buddy is BG spec and has reduced his cast times significantly, i will talk with him tonight to find out exactly how much but i know it is the 20-30% faster range, but he has significantly more heat reduction than arsenal spec would so not sure if it is worth it... i will try to get you some numbers.

he was leery of the stat because he didnt think it did much... i told him "stack it and then tell me it sucks" ... he swears by it now.

My feeling is it would turn you pretty TM spammy for success, but a win is a win imo.

i would think unload would give the biggest gain as it is a longer cast so more time off from the same % faster.

would let you stack up the signatures faster though :)

I am having trouble with Unload doing all three ticks of damage with alacrity stacked, or Critical Reaction active.

Tested Unload with little or no alacrity and it hits three times.

Tested with Critical Reaction active and it only hits two. Has anyone had any trouble with this? I submitted a bug report but I can't be the only one who has noticed.

I am having trouble with Unload doing all three ticks of damage with alacrity stacked, or Critical Reaction active.

Tested Unload with little or no alacrity and it hits three times.

Tested with Critical Reaction active and it only hits two. Has anyone had any trouble with this? I submitted a bug report but I can't be the only one who has noticed.

if that is true that SUCKS

seems like that is where the biggest gain should be.

There is absolutely no point in using alacrity as arsenal.

First off, your global cooldown is 1.5 seconds, and tracer missile is a 1.5 second cast.

So you can never cast them faster than 1.5 seconds apart anyways.

Another thing is that by stacking alacrity, you are giving up on crit/surge - which is HUGE in pve and even more so in pvp. Crits on TM/HSM refund heat. And surge makes your crits hit harder.

There is zero reason to get alacrity as a dps spec. Bodyguard spec (heals) can find some use out of it.

Edited by Iandayen

There is absolutely no point in using alacrity as arsenal.

First off, your global cooldown is 1.5 seconds, and tracer missile is a 1.5 second cast.

So you can never cast them faster than 1.5 seconds apart anyways.

Another thing is that by stacking alacrity, you are giving up on crit/surge - which is HUGE in pve and even more so in pvp. Crits on TM/HSM refund heat. And surge makes your crits hit harder.

There is zero reason to get alacrity as a dps spec. Bodyguard spec (heals) can find some use out of it.

^ This

Arsenal Merc should have 0 alacrity, it does so very little for our dps. The only thing it really increases is the dps efficiency of Unload, and even then you run into the problem of starting to overheat because your abilities are coming around faster than heat dissipation.

The lack of an auto attack in this game honestly makes Alacrity pretty bad for alot of dps specs.

First off, your global cooldown is 1.5 seconds, and tracer missile is a 1.5 second cast. So you can never cast them faster than 1.5 seconds apart anyways.

Absolutely false. Not saying whether alacrity is good or bad for arsenal, but it does reduce the GCD for non instants like Tracer Missile.

People need to stop repeating this. There are there are tests on youtube that verify the GCD reduction.

Edited by TempestasSilva