The Huttball Glitch - Can we expect a fix?

Supercaptain

I'm aware of the counter exploit to the exploit, but better they just fix it. Also, I'm not sure which ability has longer range so that's a factor there as well.

calling something an exploit over and over again because you don't like it or can't be arsed to pass the ball and gib them doesn't make it an actual exploit. The only thing in need of a fix in this situation is your urge to cry about it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

calling something an exploit over and over again because you don't like it or can't be arsed to pass the ball and gib them doesn't make it an actual exploit. The only thing in need of a fix in this situation is your urge to cry about it.

Anyone with half a brain can recognize that this isn't working as intended. Only people that are in favor of this are BH/Troopers that can't win in a fair match up. No one is crying, just making it widely known so that BW will do something about it quickly.

Edited by Supercaptain

Anyone with half a brain can recognize that this isn't working as intended. Only people that are in favor of this are BH/Troopers that can't win in a fair match up. No one is crying, just making it widely known so that BW will do something about it quickly.

Let me point you to the search function in the upper right of the forums. There is a response to a trouble ticket where this is plainly stated as working as intended, there is even a counter.

So I guess this means that since you can't be bothered to search it out (in fear of being proven wrong perhaps) that the half brain belongs to you. Again, crying exploit over and over again doesn't make it so. This is no more an exploit than being pushed into the fire or the acid. I suppose that the speed boosters in the pits are also exploits.

Adapt and over come. if someone is trying to cheese you into the death zone throw the ball at them. Or come cry on the forums about a non-issue. What is the more intelligent choice I leave for you to decide.

Let me point you to the search function in the upper right of the forums. There is a response to a trouble ticket where this is plainly stated as working as intended, there is even a counter.

So I guess this means that since you can't be bothered to search it out (in fear of being proven wrong perhaps) that the half brain belongs to you. Again, crying exploit over and over again doesn't make it so. This is no more an exploit than being pushed into the fire or the acid. I suppose that the speed boosters in the pits are also exploits.

Adapt and over come. if someone is trying to cheese you into the death zone throw the ball at them. Or come cry on the forums about a non-issue. What is the more intelligent choice I leave for you to decide.

Completely incorrect, let me direct you to the search function where people have posted ticket screenshots where they say they have seen reports and are looking into the issue. And again, saying people are crying when the conversation has been fairly congenial until you brought your idiotic sarcasm into the discussion is moronic.

It's obvious just looking and thinking about it that it is an exploit. The only question is whether it will be addressed soon or not.

The only exploit that needs to be fixed is the fact that you can reset your debuff and stay up there the whole match. Once they fix that, it really isn't an issue. The kill zone is there FOR you to pull people into to break a camp of your spawn point.

The only exploit that needs to be fixed is the fact that you can reset your debuff and stay up there the whole match. Once they fix that, it really isn't an issue. The kill zone is there FOR you to pull people into to break a camp of your spawn point.

That may be but that doesn't solve the issue that this should count for a score and doesn't always. Plus, why would you try to solve the issue of spawn camping by giving 1 class the ability to insta-gib players. It's a dumb solution.

Completely incorrect, let me direct you to the search function where people have posted ticket screenshots where they say they have seen reports and are looking into the issue. And again, saying people are crying when the conversation has been fairly congenial until you brought your idiotic sarcasm into the discussion is moronic.

It's obvious just looking and thinking about it that it is an exploit. The only question is whether it will be addressed soon or not.

Since you can't be bothered to research it yourself I searched it and found it for you.

So sorry that you can't tell the difference between truth and sarcasm.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=143212

Feel free to remove your foot from your mouth any time.

Since you can't be bothered to research it yourself I searched it and found it for you.

So sorry that you can't tell the difference between truth and sarcasm.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=143212

Feel free to remove your foot from your mouth any time.

Please continue to not comprehend the issue in any way shape or form, you continue to look foolish. The issue is NOT that this insta-gibs you, which is what the response to that ticket is saying. The issue is that you don't get a credit if this is done to a ball carrier EVEN THOUGH THE CARRIER HAS CROSSED THE LINE.

If you had any basic reading comprehension skills you would see that that ticket does not address the no scoring issue, it only addresses the kill issue. While I think insta-gibing someone pulled into the zone is a stupid mechanic, my issue is with the fact that this does not count as a score if it's done to the ball carrier.

Get it? Let me know if you'd like me to use shorter, simpler words so you can understand.

Please continue to not comprehend the issue in any way shape or form, you continue to look foolish. The issue is NOT that this insta-gibs you, which is what the response to that ticket is saying. The issue is that you don't get a credit if this is done to a ball carrier EVEN THOUGH THE CARRIER HAS CROSSED THE LINE.

If you had any basic reading comprehension skills you would see that that ticket does not address the no scoring issue, it only addresses the kill issue. While I think insta-gibing someone pulled into the zone is a stupid mechanic, my issue is with the fact that this does not count as a score if it's done to the ball carrier.

Get it? Let me know if you'd like me to use shorter, simpler words so you can understand.

Play more dude, it does count as a score now. Self righteous twonks should know what they are talking about before they blow themselves off of their pedestals.

Play more dude, it does count as a score now. Self righteous twonks should know what they are talking about before they blow themselves off of their pedestals.

Actually, if you'd read any of the posts in this thread instead of going on your insulting rants you would have seen multiple people, including myself, that have continued to see instances of teams not getting credit. I personally lost 2 games last night to this exploit.

Play a few war zones tonight and you'll likely see it occur, or try it yourself. Given your aggressive stance that this is working as intended I'm betting you play a BH or a Trooper. You're arguing from a position of complete ignorance.

Edited by Supercaptain

Actually, if you'd read any of the posts in this thread instead of going on your insulting rants you would have seen multiple people, including myself, that have continued to see instances of teams not getting credit in these instances.

Play a few war zones tonight and you'll likely see it occur, or try it yourself. Given your aggressive stance that this is working as intended I'm betting you play a BH or a Trooper. You're arguing from a position of complete ignorance.

if you believe you're right, send in a ticket. otherwise you're just arguing on the forums for no reason. in other words, a lot of people need to put up or shut up.:)

if you believe you're right, send in a ticket. otherwise you're just arguing on the forums for no reason. in other words, a lot of people need to put up or shut up.:)

I submit every time I see it. The point here is to make the issue more widely known so that more parties will get on BW's case and they'll have more incentive to fix the issue quickly.

Actually, if you'd read any of the posts in this thread instead of going on your insulting rants you would have seen multiple people, including myself, that have continued to see instances of teams not getting credit in these instances.

I did read the thread, and you are the one who started with the ranting insults. I am done talking to you. Its like talking to a wall. A wall that insists that the sky is red when its blatantly blue.

Have fun trolling.

I did read the thread, and you are the one who started with the ranting insults. I am done talking to you. Its like talking to a wall. A wall that insists that the sky is red when its blatantly blue.

Have fun trolling.

And the capitulation, I can't win an argument so I give up.

This is still happening and needs to be fixed.

FYI: That's called Ad Hominem and it's not an effective form of debate.

Edited by Supercaptain

Wow i've never seen this happen before. It sounds like an exploit because there is no way for a character to get to that place by other means, it is like wall hopping. He i somewhere he shouldn't be. Can a JK or SW leap to someone up there as well?? And do they instantly die?? Can a JC or a SI pull an ally back up?? and does the kick timer start for those pulled up as well??

1: You can stay up there forever by resetting your afk debuff by crossing the part where the fence meets the starting area on the sides.

2: You have to pull them quite early or it will count as a score. This is because there is a height to the actual 'scoring area' on the goal line and you are essentially pulling them so they go above that.

3: It fairly easy to counter with simple passing to either the PT/Sin or another teammate. Alternatively, have somebody pull them down or cc them.

4: This hasn't been said to be an exploit yet, so it can't be termed that way anymore than sorcs being the end all be all huttball class can be termed exploitation.

1: You can stay up there forever by resetting your afk debuff by crossing the part where the fence meets the starting area on the sides.

Thats the only real exploit in this case, Do love the rage i get when i pull fails to there death by this though. Had some guy go to general chat in fleet and trash talk me for doing it, everyone that replied was in favor of me lol

As the topic-starter stated, the bug with the score not being counted is still in effect (encountered it just yesterday and I doubt they fixed it for such a short time). Out of several attempts to score, only one was succesful, and whenever I carried the ball and got insta-gibbed by a BH, the game just reset the ball. While I'm not against insta-gibbing, I think that scoring should still take place, because de-facto the ball crossed the line.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.