If I have to access one more computer...

Dumpiduke

Exploring a montain peak?

Really? You think that a mission that tells you to go to a certain area of the map would be engaging?

What would make it so?

I threw this out there in the general sense that the game needs to do more to encourage exploration. Make it more engaging by letting me jump off of it and parachute down. Just SOMETHING different.

I will say that I am impressed with Bioware for creating a sufficient amount of content to explore during the leveling process. Mad props that I'm actually going to make it to level 50. I played Rift for about 12 levels and quit because I would have preferred to watch paint dry (little case of MMO burnout courtesy of WoW.) Thankfully, TOR has the story to keep me going.

I threw this out there in the general sense that the game needs to do more to encourage exploration. Make it more engaging by letting me jump off of it and parachute down. Just SOMETHING different.

I will say that I am impressed with Bioware for creating a sufficient amount of content to explore during the leveling process. Mad props that I'm actually going to make it to level 50. I played Rift for about 12 levels and quit because I would have preferred to watch paint dry (little case of MMO burnout courtesy of WoW.) Thankfully, TOR has the story to keep me going.

what I noticed upon entering Belsavis is that all of the mountain peaks are the same height--okay maybe they aren't mountains but that means that the episode takes place in some massive quarry.

second thing i noticed is that the layout of the map seems to indicate the game developers set up the zone and then a team of accountants and actuaries did the beta testing looking for ways to increase time played in relation to experience and credits earned

if you think this is bad, dont play any other mmo, simply don't bother as this is 10x better than every other mmo for leveling.

Yes, this is bad because it's the same way you do everything all the time. Go kill is literally go kill, go fetch is literally go fetch and use is literally use button.

At least in WoW they give you something different to kill with. Or something different when you have to go and fetch something. Or something other than buttons to press.

How many variations of the 3 basic quests have you seen in WoW Wrath and forward? From the moment you arrive in Borean Thundra and untill you finish you will have done those 3 quests in several ways other than just "beat with club" "fetch item from ground" and "press button in wall."

One of the first quests you do have you "use net on mob, then beat with club" followed by a "go and blow stuff up!" (which is always fun).

On Howling Fjord you have a questline that concludes with "using speargun to kill mobs in a gory explody manner."

In TOR in general you have long quests that concludes with "use blaster on man untill man dies/surrender." Which wouldn't be that tiresome if that wasn't the way you did -every- kill quest in the game.

Variety, it's the spice of life.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

If you want to pilot mechs, then Star Wars is not where I would look to see such a thing as a staple.

What's this I don't even...

So you're telling me that a science fiction game shouldn't include the usage of any science fiction gadgets other than what the characters are wearing?

Part of the appeal of Star Wars to me is that it's not primarely about Force users, there are lots of people living in that world who has loads of tech at their disposal.

Some of the biggest threats to the galaxy has been non force users, ordinary men and women who happens to have an army at their disposal and way too much time on their hands.

And you're telling us that we shouldn't have access to it because it would essentially make the game feel too high tech? F*** that noise, I'd love to be able to pilot some of the walkers standing around to make a troopdrop or drive a tank into the middle of the action, get in to the turret and blast away.

I want me tech, and the funny part is that WoW feels more hightech because it lets you play around with wierd stuff while TOR only shows it to you.

Coulda been worse...I would have unsubbed immediately if the first quest had been "Help us! Space Wolves has been harassing our Space Sheep. Can you kill 10 of them and collect their Space Tails?"

It is all the standard MMO fare, just with voice acting. "I'm just a poor villager and Garblaxian raiders have been stealing our supplies! If you could kill 10 Garblaxians and recover 8 of our Supply Crates I'll reward you with some coin, and a nice hat with higher numbers on it than your current hat."

At least at the end my sith dude gets to say "There will be NO survivors."

Edited by ShaftyMcShaft